Los Angeles Trade Technical College
- Los Angeles Trade-Technical College is a comprehensive, public community college offering learner centered associate degree and certificate programs to students who reflect the global diversity of the Los Angeles region. The college offers a unique education that fosters creativity, critical thinking, and applied learning experiences.
- The teacher population of 283 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Los Angeles Trade Technical College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||283 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||14,688 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||52:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,786 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||10,902 students||5,903 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,400||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1925 as the Frank Wiggins Trade School, Trade-Tech is the oldest of the nine, public two-year colleges in the Los Angeles Community College District. Trade-Tech is unique in that approximately two-thirds of its instructional facilities are devoted to career education. The college consists of 12 major buildings with approximately 780,561 gross square feet and 586 assignable square footage. The facilities include an athletic field which serves as a recreation area for community members during evening and on weekends. The college's Grand Theater hosts both college and community events. Degrees granted includes Associate in Arts Associate in Science and Certificates of Completion in selected vocational programs. Courses Offered includes all academic courses required for transfer to a four-year college or university as well as nearly 90 different occupational programs, some of which can be completed in little as one year. Our programs are rigorous, technologically current, and designed to promote student success in Vocational/technical education, Career and workforce advancement, University transfer, Life long learning, and Participation in our democratic society. The college is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and fully approved under the regulations of the California State Department of Education.
- The nearest community college to Los Angeles Trade Technical College is Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Los Angeles (1.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,142 students | 1.00 Mi919 S Grand Ave
Los Angeles,  CA  90015
- 1,602 students | 2.00 Mi5250 Lankershim Blvd
North Hollywood,  CA  91601
- 1,358 students | 2.70 Mi3580 Wilshire blvd suite 400
Los Angeles,  CA  90010
- 1,613 students | 3.40 Mi4021 Rosewood Avenue
Los Angeles,  CA  90004
- 1,659 students | 3.40 Mi12215 Victory Boulevard
North Hollywood,  CA  91606
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.