Evergreen Valley College
- With student learning as its primary focus, Evergreen Valley College’s mission is to empower students to expand their human potential and to succeed in a global, multicultural society. The College provides access to comprehensive and flexible post-secondary education to prepare students of all ages and backgrounds for balanced and productive lives and to improve the workforce and quality of life in our community.
- Enrollment: 9,774 students
- In-state tuition: $1,326
- Out-state tuition: $7,010
- Student:teacher ratio: 28:1
- Minority enrollment: 94%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Evergreen Valley College (EVC) is an established energetic institution located on a picturesque 175 acre site in the eastern foothills of San Jose. Planning for the college began on July 1, 1964, when the San Jose/ Evergreen Community College District officially became an independent college district. By November 16, the Board of Trustees had approved an outline for a comprehensive study to develop a master plan for the District. Citizens' advisory committees were formed to assess the educational needs of the District. The Learning Resource Center, which opened in Fall 1979, houses the Library, Media Services, Counseling Services, Transfer/Career Center, Disabled Student Services, Testing Center, Student Health Services, Financial Aid and Apple Computer Laboratory. In addition, the Learning Resource Center includes Montgomery Hall, a 250 seat multipurpose facility available for instruction and Community Service activities. Like other California public community colleges, Evergreen Valley College is a tax-supported college and has comprehensive curricular offerings through day, evening, and weekend classes. Evergreen Valley College joins San Jose City College in serving residents of the 303 square mile San Jose/ Evergreen Community College District. The District includes the areas served by Milpitas and San Jose Unified School Districts, together with the Eastside Union High School District. Residents who are high school graduates, or at least 18 years of age, may attend either college, as there are no attendance boundaries within the District.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Evergreen Valley College cost?
Evergreen Valley College's tuition is approximately $1,326 for In-State students and $7,010 for Out-State students.
What is Evergreen Valley College's ranking?
Evergreen Valley College ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Average community college minority breakdown.