Evergreen Valley College
- With student learning as its primary focus, Evergreen Valley College’s mission is to empower students to expand their human potential and to succeed in a global, multicultural society. The College provides access to comprehensive and flexible post-secondary education to prepare students of all ages and backgrounds for balanced and productive lives and to improve the workforce and quality of life in our community.
|Evergreen Valley College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||204 staff||149 staff|
- Evergreen Valley College (EVC) is an established energetic institution located on a picturesque 175 acre site in the eastern foothills of San Jose. Planning for the college began on July 1, 1964, when the San Jose/ Evergreen Community College District officially became an independent college district. By November 16, the Board of Trustees had approved an outline for a comprehensive study to develop a master plan for the District. Citizens' advisory committees were formed to assess the educational needs of the District. The Learning Resource Center, which opened in Fall 1979, houses the Library, Media Services, Counseling Services, Transfer/Career Center, Disabled Student Services, Testing Center, Student Health Services, Financial Aid and Apple Computer Laboratory. In addition, the Learning Resource Center includes Montgomery Hall, a 250 seat multipurpose facility available for instruction and Community Service activities. Like other California public community colleges, Evergreen Valley College is a tax-supported college and has comprehensive curricular offerings through day, evening, and weekend classes. Evergreen Valley College joins San Jose City College in serving residents of the 303 square mile San Jose/ Evergreen Community College District. The District includes the areas served by Milpitas and San Jose Unified School Districts, together with the Eastside Union High School District. Residents who are high school graduates, or at least 18 years of age, may attend either college, as there are no attendance boundaries within the District.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 629 students | 4.50 Mi5883 Rue Ferrari, Ste. 125
San Jose, CA 95138
(408) 960-0161 4.50629
- 9,270 students | 9.10 Mi2100 Moorpark Ave
San Jose, CA 95128
(408) 298-2181 9.109,270
- 7,780 students | 13.80 Mi3000 Mission College Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95054
(408) 988-2200 13.807,780
- 7,823 students | 13.90 Mi14000 Fruitvale Ave
Saratoga, CA 95070
(408) 867-2200 13.907,823
- 19,482 students | 15.50 Mi21250 Stevens Creek Blvd.
Cupertino, CA 95014
(408) 864-5678 15.5019,482