Evergreen Valley College
- With student learning as its primary focus, Evergreen Valley College’s mission is to empower students to expand their human potential and to succeed in a global, multicultural society. The College provides access to comprehensive and flexible post-secondary education to prepare students of all ages and backgrounds for balanced and productive lives and to improve the workforce and quality of life in our community.
- The teacher population of 204 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Evergreen Valley College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||204 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||9,133 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||45:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,737 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,396 students||5,903 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,000||$34,600|
- Evergreen Valley College (EVC) is an established energetic institution located on a picturesque 175 acre site in the eastern foothills of San Jose. Planning for the college began on July 1, 1964, when the San Jose/ Evergreen Community College District officially became an independent college district. By November 16, the Board of Trustees had approved an outline for a comprehensive study to develop a master plan for the District. Citizens' advisory committees were formed to assess the educational needs of the District. The Learning Resource Center, which opened in Fall 1979, houses the Library, Media Services, Counseling Services, Transfer/Career Center, Disabled Student Services, Testing Center, Student Health Services, Financial Aid and Apple Computer Laboratory. In addition, the Learning Resource Center includes Montgomery Hall, a 250 seat multipurpose facility available for instruction and Community Service activities. Like other California public community colleges, Evergreen Valley College is a tax-supported college and has comprehensive curricular offerings through day, evening, and weekend classes. Evergreen Valley College joins San Jose City College in serving residents of the 303 square mile San Jose/ Evergreen Community College District. The District includes the areas served by Milpitas and San Jose Unified School Districts, together with the Eastside Union High School District. Residents who are high school graduates, or at least 18 years of age, may attend either college, as there are no attendance boundaries within the District.
- The nearest community college to Evergreen Valley College is Carrington College-San Jose (4.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 805 students | 4.60 Mi6201 San Ignacio Ave.
San Jose,  CA  95119
- 9,072 students | 9.20 Mi2100 Moorpark Ave
San Jose,  CA  95128
- 8,435 students | 13.60 Mi3000 Mission College Blvd
Santa Clara,  CA  95054
- 9,062 students | 14.10 Mi14000 Fruitvale Ave
Saratoga,  CA  95070
- 23,104 students | 15.70 Mi21250 Stevens Creek Blvd.
Cupertino,  CA  95014