San Jose City College
- San Jose City College (SJCC) is one of the oldest community colleges in California and is one of Silicon Valley?s premiere institutions of higher education, our diverse student population contributes to an inviting, dynamic, and global environment. At SJCC you will be inspired by our exceptional faculty, our world-class tutoring and learning labs, and our organizations and activities - all focused on increasing your success. The mission of San Jose City College is to effect social justice by providing open and equitable access to quality education and programs that both challenge and prepare individuals for successful careers and active participation in a diverse, global society.
- The teacher population of 209 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|San Jose City College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||209 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||9,072 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,251 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,821 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,300||$34,600|
- From its modest beginnings in 1921, San Jos? City College has delivered its educational mission with integrity and vitality. For many years, San Jos? City College operated in downtown San Jose. San Jose Unified School District took over the College's operation in 1953, moving it to its present Moorpark Avenue location. A decade later, an independent San Jose Junior College District was created. In 1958, the name was changed to San Jos? City College. Today, the San Jose/Evergreen Community College District (formed in 1963) serves more than seven hundred thousand residents within its 303 square mile boundaries, including the San Jose and Milpitas Unified School Districts and East Side Union High School District. You can earn an AA degree, take courses to transfer to a university, upgrade your technical skills, learn English, improve your ability to communicate, tone your body, and much more. Our counselors will help you select the programs that best meet your needs. San Jos? City College still remains one of Silicon Valley's best and most affordable educational resources. As a college with great diversity, we bring a global, cosmopolitan worldview to our students. We are exposed to and cherish different languages and different cultures, and that exposure helps our students succeed when they enter Silicon Valley's multi-cultural workplaces. We have connections to high tech companies, universities, and science related organizations such as NASA and Lawrence Livermore Lab. These connections help keep us up to date and provide great opportunities for advancement for our students. City College continues its dynamic transformation with our new Cesar E. Chavez Library/Learning Resource Center where students study in the comfort of quiet niches, take advantage of computer learning assistance and tutoring, and experience easy access to the Internet. Our new Technology Center provides a great setting for learning about computers and other current technologies. And our new Student Center makes it even easier than ever to take care of all of your business from admissions to financial aid, from counseling to enrollment ? all under one roof. By Fall of '06, we will have completed the construction of our new Science Center.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,062 students | 5.90 Mi14000 Fruitvale Ave
Saratoga,  CA  95070
- 8,435 students | 6.10 Mi3000 Mission College Blvd
Santa Clara,  CA  95054
- 23,104 students | 6.40 Mi21250 Stevens Creek Blvd.
Cupertino,  CA  95014
- 9,133 students | 9.10 Mi3095 Yerba Buena Rd
San Jose,  CA  95135
- 805 students | 10.20 Mi6201 San Ignacio Ave.
San Jose,  CA  95119