- At Mission College, we have excellent transfer programs and general education courses that will promote your journey to four year institutions and prepare you for higher level learning whether it is the California State System, the University System or a Private University. We also have exemplary signature programs that help to prepare you for the workforce in many areas: Nursing, Fire Technology, Hospitality Management, and many others. Mission can provide classes that will catch you up in math, English, ESL or other areas that provide foundational skills to serve you in any future courses. Our faculty is among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate the college for its friendly staff and supportive atmosphere. The staff at Mission College is uniquely poised to help and guide your path to the future.
- Enrollment: 6,504 students
- In-state tuition: $1,174
- Out-state tuition: $6,070
- Student:teacher ratio: 15:1
- Minority enrollment: 84%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Mission College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Mission College is an open access community college serving the ever-changing educational and economic development needs of Santa Clara, Silicon Valley, and the larger community. Seeking to develop community leaders and global stewards in a competitive world economy, the college provides transfer, degree, and certificate programs in lower division arts and sciences; community, career, and vocational education; and educational opportunities in basic skills and English as a Second Language. To accomplish its mission, the college provides the most advanced academic and technological resources, comprehensive student services, and enriching aesthetic experiences to help students succeed and to participate responsibly in a democratic society. Each semester over 10,000 students enroll in over 1,300 day, evening, and weekend classes at Mission College. The educational opportunities at Mission College are extensive. Students can fulfill lower division general education and major requirements for a university baccalaureate degree, obtain an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree, complete a career program leading to employment, upgrade skills for career advancement, or take classes for personal satisfaction and growth. Mission College enrolls 11,000 students each year. Of these, approximately 80% are ethnic minorities. The average student age is 30 and a significant number are working adults attending college part time. Mission is located in the heart of Silicon Valley and has working partnerships with high tech companies such as Intel and Cisco Systems. Mission is part of the West Valley-Mission Community College District, a multi-college district based in Saratoga, California. The mission of the West Valley-Mission Community College District is to be responsive to the educational needs of an ever-changing community and to provide higher education to all persons who can benefit from such activity. The District recognized its responsibility to maintain academic excellence, nurture individual development and enrich the community. In keeping with this mission, the District will be sensitive to the needs of people and committed to action focused on the future.