- The mission of Solano Community College is to provide the highest quality academic, occupational, cultural, developmental, and continuing education programs that are dedicated to the achievement of student learning outcomes and responsive to the needs of our community. In fulfilling our mission, we are committed to a diverse educational and cultural campus environment that prepares our students for productive participation in the 21st century.
- Enrollment: 9,251 students
- In-state tuition: $1,416
- Out-state tuition: $7,386
- Student:teacher ratio: 23:1
- Minority enrollment: 72%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Solano Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Solano Community College is a tradition in Solano County. Established in 1945 as Vallejo Junior College, Solano was part of the Vallejo Unified School District until 1967 when the College became a countywide institution. The 192-acre campus, centrally located just off Interstate 80, was completed in 1971 and opened with 5,000 students. Since then, facilities, programs, staff and services have expanded to meet the growing needs of a growing county. Solano College is part of California's public community college system of 109 campuses in 72 districts across the state. The College's service area encompasses the communities of Benicia, Dixon, Fairfield, Suisun, Vacaville, Vallejo and Winters, as well as Travis Air Force Base. Many graduates of the area's fifteen public high schools and three private schools take advantage of the educational opportunities offered by Solano Community College. Solano's classes are held during two semesters each year (Spring and Fall), plus Summer sessions. Flexible scheduling, designed for students' convenience, includes day, evening and Saturday classes, held on and off the campus, and via the Internet, television, and travel study. Short-term classes, open-entry/open-exit formats, and special interest workshops and seminars add to this scheduling flexibility. With the current student population of 12,000 divided between day and evening, the Solano College campus is alive at all hours offering academic study and occupational training to all area residents.