Contra Costa College
- Contra Costa Community College District was established on December 14, 1948, with boundaries nearly identical to those of Contra Costa County. There are three colleges in the district: Contra Costa College (San Pablo), Los Medanos College (Pittsburgh), and Diablo Valley College (Pleasant Hill), which also operates the Center for Higher Education (San Ramon).
- The teacher population of 169 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Contra Costa College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||169 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,697 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,989 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,708 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,300||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Center for Science Excellence is a special scholarship program in the Science Division at Contra Costa College that began due to a generous grant by the Army Research Office in the Department of Defense. The overall goal of the Center is to increase the number of underrepresented graduates in the physical and biological sciences, mathematics and engineering.The mission of the CCC Foundation is to perpetuate financial assets through a variety of fundraising activities in order to offer financial assistance to the college's scholarship,educational, and training programs. Since 1982 the College For Kids program at Contra Costa College has been offering educational enrichment classes during the summer for students entering grades 2 through 12. Class offerings include English, Math, Culinary Arts, Journalism, Computers, Science, Art, Drama, and Dance. Each class is taught by a qualified instructor assisted by an Instructional Aide.The Contra Costa College Skills Center web site is a useful resource for students, faculty, and staff at the college. The new machines are great internet computers and they host Skills Bank and a large collection of other computer-aided instruction programs.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,321 students | 7.80 Mi2050 Center Sreet
Berkeley,  CA  94704
- 5,500 students | 11.50 Mi835 College Ave
Greenbrae,  CA  94904
- 10,548 students | 12.70 Mi900 Fallon Sreet
Oakland,  CA  94607
- 527 students | 13.10 Mi55 Stockton St
San Francisco,  CA  94108
- 5,712 students | 13.40 Mi555 Ralph Appezzato Memorial Pky
Alameda,  CA  94501
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.