Daytona State College
- Daytona State College, a comprehensive public college, provides access to a range of flexible programs from community enrichment to the baccalaureate degree, emphasizing student success, embracing excellence and diversity, as well as fostering innovation to enhance teaching and learning.
- The teacher population of 460 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Daytona State College||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||460 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||13,248 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||5,259 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7,989 students||655 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,500||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Daytona State College has a wonderful tradition of providing affordable quality education, small classroom sizes and excellent instructional help. We have a lot to be proud of as an institution and we want to share that pride. We offer more than 75 programs for you to choose from, with classes available days, evenings, weekends, hibrid online & classroom teaching - even via 100% Virtual (on-line)College classes. We offer GED programs, Adult High School programs, Certifications, General Public Courses, Associates and Baccalaureate Degrees. With Six convenient locations in Volusia and Flagler counties, there's certain to be a College campus within minutes of your home, no matter where you live. Daytona State College provides a multitude of technological resources and services to advance its mission. To encourage effective and innovative use of these resources the College also provides in-depth training, technical support, and overall technological guidance and strategic direction. Daytona State College provides a comprehensive library which networks with other state and national libraries to obtain the information you need, when you need it. The Daytona Beach Campus Library also houses the College Computing Commons, a large open lab available to all Daytona State students during library operating hours. This lab provides access to Daytona State academic software, including word processing and spreadsheet applications, as well as the Internet. Daytona State College is governed by a Board of Trustees whose members are appointed by the Governor of the State of Florida. The president of the College and its chief operating officers serve as system-wide administrators.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 276 students | 5.20 Mi425 South Nova Road
Ormond Beach,  FL  32174
- 29,879 students | 35.20 Mi100 Weldon Blvd
Sanford,  FL  32773
- 410 students | 41.70 Mi177 Montgomery Road
Altamonte Springs,  FL  32714
- 242 students | 42.00 Mi7275 Estapona Circle
Casselberry,  FL  32730
- 430 students | 43.50 Mi1865 SR 436
Winter Park,  FL  32792
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.