Seminole State College of Florida
Seminole State College of Florida Photo #2 - Seminole State's mascot, Rally Raider, is a spirit leader and good will ambassador for the College.
Seminole State College of Florida Photo #3 - Seminole State's 77,000-square-foot Student Center supports Seminole State`s vision of being a student-centered college by serving as a one-stop facility for student services and student life.
Seminole State College of Florida Photo #4 - The Seminole State College of Florida Nursing Department provides immersive, hands-on education using the latest in patient simulation technology.
Seminole State College of Florida Photo #5 - Recognized as one of the top fire academies in the nation by the National Fire Academy, Seminole State's fire programs provides training for students who want to become firefighters.
Seminole State College of Florida Photo #6 - Seminole State College has been training law enforcement officers since 1969. We offer a variety of degree, certificate and crossover training programs.
Seminole State College of Florida Photo #7 - Seminole State College's Emergency Medical Services programs are among the most progressive in Florida. The College offers advanced training in pre-hospital emergency medicine, allowing students to prepare for state licensure as emergency medical technicians and paramedics.
Seminole State College of Florida Photo #8 - The state-of-the-art Central Florida Auto Dealers Association (CFADA) Professional Automotive Training Center boasts an employment rate of nearly 100 percent for graduates of Seminole State's automotive technology programs.
Seminole State College of Florida Photo #9 - The Emil Buehler Perpetual Trust Planetarium offers live, interactive shows and full-dome video presentations that are unlike any planetarium show you'll ever experience.
- Seminole State College of Florida is a full-service education provider, offering seven bachelor's degrees; two-year college-credit degrees (A.A., A.S., A.A.S.); specialized career certificates; continuing professional education; adult education; and an array of culturally stimulating events and timely guest speakers.
- If you're a recent high school graduate just beginning your educational journey; a professional seeking training to change careers or upgrade your job skills; a community member looking to enhance your quality of life through adult education classes; or someone who's searching to learn more about a special interest, Seminole State is here for you.
- Our Mission
- Seminole State College of Florida enhances the educational, economic, and cultural vitality of our region by providing exemplary learning opportunities to our diverse community.
- Our Vision
- Seminole State College of Florida will be a national leader in academic programs and services that cultivate student achievement, career advancement, and global awareness in a collaborative and inclusive learning environment.
Seminole State College of Florida places among the top 20% of community colleges in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 755 teachers has grown by 97% over five years.
|Seminole State College of Florida||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||755 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||29,879 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||10,458 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||19,452 students||655 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,800||$30,300|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Cross Country, Golf, SoftballBaseball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||59 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
African American Cultural Forum, Archery Club, Brain Bowl, Chess Club, Creative Writing Ignited, Digital Media Club, Dreamers Student Club, Environmental Initiative, Film Club, Hispanic Student Association, Honors Ambassador Council, IDEAS for SSC, International Interior Design Association, International Student Club, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, Jocular Jesters Improv Club, Lucidity Poetry, Meditation Club, Neo-Animania: Anime Club, Network Internet Technology Association (NITA), Non-Traditional Student Club, NSCS, Nutrition and Wellness Club, PACTS, Paranormal Inquiry Club, Pharmacy Technician, Phi Beta Lambda, Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Honor Society, Philosophy Club, Physical Therapy Assistant Club, Popnerdzsquad, Psychology Club, Raider Gamers Club, Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Club, Seminole Connection, Seminole State Aikido, Seminole State College USGBC, Seminole State Genshiken, Seminole State Golf Club Club, Sigma Phi Gamma - Alpha Chapter, Social Science Club, SSC League Club, Student Art Club, Student Government Association, Student Nurses Association, Unity Gay Straight Alliance, Unity of Arts, Wildlife Conservation & Education Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Program, Music Program, Theatre Program
Recreational Athletic Programs:
4 x 4 Flag Football, Basketball, Billiards, Bowling, Dodgeball, Soccer, Table Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established in 1965, Seminole State College of Florida is a full-service education provider, offering bachelor's degrees; two-year college-credit degrees (A.A., A.S., A.A.S.); specialized career certificates; continuing professional education; adult education, and an array of culturally stimulating events and timely guest speakers. Seminole State, part of the public Florida College System, is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).Seminole State provides learning opportunities at four campuses and six sites in Seminole County, as well as online.Seminole State's national award-winning faculty and programs are as diverse as its students. Top-producing programs range from college credit transfer degrees and career certificates, to training for information technology and health professions, to business management and construction trades.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Seminole State College of Florida is City College-Altamonte Springs (6.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 410 students | 6.60 Mi177 Montgomery Road
Altamonte Springs,  FL  32714
- 242 students | 6.80 Mi7275 Estapona Circle
Casselberry,  FL  32730
- 430 students | 8.90 Mi1865 SR 436
Winter Park,  FL  32792
- 418 students | 9.60 Mi2600 Lake Lucien Drive Suite#240
Maitland,  FL  32751
- 192 students | 10.00 Mi510 South Hunt Club Blvd.
Apopka,  FL  32703
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.