Seminole State College of Florida
Seminole State College of Florida Photo #2 - Seminole State`s 77,000-square-foot Student Center supports Seminole State`s vision of being a student-centered college by serving as a one-stop facility for student services and student life.
Seminole State College of Florida Photo #3 - Seminole State's mascot, Rally Raider, is a spirit leader and good will ambassador for the College.
Seminole State College of Florida Photo #4 - The Emil Buehler Perpetual Trust Planetarium offers live, interactive shows and full-dome video presentations that are unlike any planetarium show you'll ever experience.
Seminole State College of Florida Photo #5 - The Seminole State College of Florida Nursing Department provides immersive, hands-on education using the latest in patient simulation technology.
- Seminole State College of Florida is a full-service education provider, offering seven bachelor's degrees; two-year college-credit degrees (A.A., A.S., A.A.S.); specialized career certificates; continuing professional education; adult education; and an array of culturally stimulating events and timely guest speakers.
- If you're a recent high school graduate just beginning your educational journey; a professional seeking training to change careers or upgrade your job skills; a community member looking to enhance your quality of life through adult education classes; or someone who's searching to learn more about a special interest, Seminole State is here for you.
- Our Mission
- Seminole State College of Florida enhances the educational, economic, and cultural vitality of our region by providing exemplary learning opportunities to our diverse community.
- Our Vision
- Seminole State College of Florida will be a national leader in academic programs and services that cultivate student achievement, career advancement, and global awareness in a collaborative and inclusive learning environment.
- The teacher population of 755 teachers has grown by 97% over five years.
|Seminole State College of Florida||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||755 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||29,879 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||10,458 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||19,452 students||655 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,800||$30,300|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Cross Country, Golf, SoftballBaseball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||59 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
African American Cultural Forum, Archery Club, Brain Bowl, Chess Club, Creative Writing Ignited, Digital Media Club, Dreamers Student Club, Environmental Initiative, Film Club, Hispanic Student Association, Honors Ambassador Council, IDEAS for SSC, International Interior Design Association, International Student Club, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, Jocular Jesters Improv Club, Lucidity Poetry, Meditation Club, Neo-Animania: Anime Club, Network Internet Technology Association (NITA), Non-Traditional Student Club, NSCS, Nutrition and Wellness Club, PACTS, Paranormal Inquiry Club, Pharmacy Technician, Phi Beta Lambda, Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Honor Society, Philosophy Club, Physical Therapy Assistant Club, Popnerdzsquad, Psychology Club, Raider Gamers Club, Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Club, Seminole Connection, Seminole State Aikido, Seminole State College USGBC, Seminole State Genshiken, Seminole State Golf Club Club, Sigma Phi Gamma - Alpha Chapter, Social Science Club, SSC League Club, Student Art Club, Student Government Association, Student Nurses Association, Unity Gay Straight Alliance, Unity of Arts, Wildlife Conservation & Education Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Program, Music Program, Theatre Program
Recreational Athletic Programs:
4 x 4 Flag Football, Basketball, Billiards, Bowling, Dodgeball, Soccer, Table Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established in 1965, Seminole State College of Florida is a full-service education provider, offering bachelor's degrees; two-year college-credit degrees (A.A., A.S., A.A.S.); specialized career certificates; continuing professional education; adult education, and an array of culturally stimulating events and timely guest speakers. Seminole State, part of the public Florida College System, is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).Seminole State provides learning opportunities at four campuses and six sites in Seminole County, as well as online.Seminole State's national award-winning faculty and programs are as diverse as its students. Top-producing programs range from college credit transfer degrees and career certificates, to training for information technology and health professions, to business management and construction trades.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Seminole State College of Florida is City College-Altamonte Springs (6.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 410 students | 6.60 Mi177 Montgomery Road
Altamonte Springs,  FL  32714
- 242 students | 6.80 Mi7275 Estapona Circle
Casselberry,  FL  32730
- 430 students | 8.90 Mi1865 SR 436
Winter Park,  FL  32792
- 418 students | 9.60 Mi2600 Lake Lucien Drive Suite#240
Maitland,  FL  32751
- 192 students | 10.00 Mi510 South Hunt Club Blvd.
Apopka,  FL  32703
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.