Seminole State College of Florida
The state-of-the-art Central Florida Auto Dealers Association (CFADA) Professional Automotive Training Center is located at the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus and boasts an employment rate of nearly 100 percent for graduates of Seminole State's automotive technology programs.
The Emil Buehler Perpetual Trust Planetarium at Seminole State College of Florida offers live, interactive shows and full-dome video presentations that are unlike any planetarium show you'll ever experience. From traditional star displays and cultural shows that detail the importance of astronomy around the world, to feature presentations that whisk you through the depths of outer space, the planetarium has
A tranquil courtyard offers students a place to relax between classes at the Center for Public Safety at the Seminole State College of Florida Sanford/Lake Mary Campus.
Seminole State College of Florida's Altamonte Springs Campus serves southwestern Seminole County, a rapidly expanding area that contains more than one-third of all Seminole County households.
The Seminole State College of Florida Nursing Department provides immersive, hands-on education using the latest in patient simulation technology.
The Heathrow Campus functions as a collaborative space, where students, community residents and professionals converge, learn and create.
With its innovative design, the six-acre Heathrow Campus features flexible classroom and conference space with wireless Internet access throughout, an information commons, and areas devoted to economic development and learning.
- Seminole State College of Florida is a full-service education provider, offering six bachelor's degrees; two-year college-credit degrees (A.A., A.S., A.A.S.); specialized career certificates; continuing professional education; adult education; and an array of culturally stimulating events and timely guest speakers.
- If you're a recent high school graduate just beginning your educational journey; a professional seeking training to change careers or upgrade your job skills; a community member looking to enhance your quality of life through adult education classes; or someone who's searching to learn more about a special interest, Seminole State is here for you.
- Our Mission
- Seminole State College of Florida enhances the educational, economic, and cultural vitality of our region by providing exemplary learning opportunities to our diverse community.
- Our Vision
- Seminole State College of Florida will be a national leader in academic programs and services that cultivate student achievement, career advancement, and global awareness in a collaborative and inclusive learning environment.
- The teacher population of 755 teachers has grown by 99% over five years.
|Seminole State College of Florida||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||755 staff||38 staff|
|Total Enrollment||29,321 students||1,230 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||39:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||10,936 students||537 students|
|# Part-Time Students||18,385 students||693 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||6,322 students||537 students|
|# Graduate Students||29,321 students||53 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,800||$30,800|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Golf, SoftballBaseball, Golf,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||59 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
African American Cultural Forum, Archery Club, Brain Bowl, Chess Club, Creative Writing Ignited, Digital Media Club, Dreamers Student Club, Environmental Initiative, Film Club, Hispanic Student Association, Honors Ambassador Council, IDEAS for SSC, International Interior Design Association, International Student Club, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, Jocular Jesters Improv Club, Lucidity Poetry, Meditation Club, Neo-Animania: Anime Club, Network Internet Technology Association (NITA), Non-Traditional Student Club, NSCS, Nutrition and Wellness Club, PACTS, Paranormal Inquiry Club, Pharmacy Technician, Phi Beta Lambda, Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Honor Society, Philosophy Club, Physical Therapy Assistant Club, Popnerdzsquad, Psychology Club, Raider Gamers Club, Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Club, Seminole Connection, Seminole State Aikido, Seminole State College USGBC, Seminole State Genshiken, Seminole State Golf Club Club, Sigma Phi Gamma - Alpha Chapter, Social Science Club, SSC League Club, Student Art Club, Student Government Association, Student Nurses Association, Unity Gay Straight Alliance, Unity of Arts, Wildlife Conservation & Education Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Program, Music Program, Theatre Program
Recreational Athletic Programs:
4 x 4 Flag Football, Basketball, Billiards, Bowling, Dodgeball, Soccer, Table Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established in 1965, Seminole State College of Florida is a full-service education provider, offering bachelor's degrees; two-year college-credit degrees (A.A., A.S., A.A.S.); specialized career certificates; continuing professional education; adult education, and an array of culturally stimulating events and timely guest speakers. Seminole State, part of the public Florida College System, is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).Seminole State provides learning opportunities at four campuses and six sites in Seminole County, as well as online.Seminole State's national award-winning faculty and programs are as diverse as its students. Top-producing programs range from college credit transfer degrees and career certificates, to training for information technology and health professions, to business management and construction trades.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 410 students | 6.60 Mi177 Montgomery Road
Altamonte Springs,  FL  32714
- 242 students | 6.80 Mi7275 Estapona Circle
Casselberry,  FL  32730
- 430 students | 8.90 Mi1865 SR 436
Winter Park,  FL  32792
- 418 students | 9.60 Mi2600 Lake Lucien Drive Suite#240
Maitland,  FL  32751
- 192 students | 10.00 Mi510 South Hunt Club Blvd.
Apopka,  FL  32703
May 10, 2018
We’ll explore various degree programs for shy individuals who prefer to work independently, rather than in a team environment.
May 10, 2018
With more community colleges offering bachelor's degrees, the choices in getting a BA or BS are growing quickly. Learn about new bachelor's degrees you can obtain at community colleges, ranging from nursing to electrical engineering and every subject in between.
April 26, 2018
Community Colleges have existed for more than 100 years and they have changed significantly in that amount of time. Keep reading to learn more about the history of community colleges and how they've changed the face of American public education.