Seminole State College of Florida
Tel: (407) 708-4722
Seminole State College of Florida Photo #2 - Seminole State's mascot, Rally Raider, is a spirit leader and good will ambassador for the College.
Seminole State College of Florida Photo #3 - Seminole State's 77,000-square-foot Student Center supports Seminole State`s vision of being a student-centered college by serving as a one-stop facility for student services and student life.
Seminole State College of Florida Photo #4 - The Seminole State College of Florida Nursing Department provides immersive, hands-on education using the latest in patient simulation technology.
Seminole State College of Florida Photo #5 - Recognized as one of the top fire academies in the nation by the National Fire Academy, Seminole State's fire programs provides training for students who want to become firefighters.
Seminole State College of Florida Photo #6 - Seminole State College has been training law enforcement officers since 1969. We offer a variety of degree, certificate and crossover training programs.
Seminole State College of Florida Photo #7 - Seminole State College's Emergency Medical Services programs are among the most progressive in Florida. The College offers advanced training in pre-hospital emergency medicine, allowing students to prepare for state licensure as emergency medical technicians and paramedics.
Seminole State College of Florida Photo #8 - The state-of-the-art Central Florida Auto Dealers Association (CFADA) Professional Automotive Training Center boasts an employment rate of nearly 100 percent for graduates of Seminole State's automotive technology programs.
Seminole State College of Florida Photo #9 - The Emil Buehler Perpetual Trust Planetarium offers live, interactive shows and full-dome video presentations that are unlike any planetarium show you'll ever experience.
- Seminole State College of Florida is a full-service education provider, offering seven bachelor's degrees; two-year college-credit degrees (A.A., A.S., A.A.S.); specialized career certificates; continuing professional education; adult education; and an array of culturally stimulating events and timely guest speakers.
- If you're a recent high school graduate just beginning your educational journey; a professional seeking training to change careers or upgrade your job skills; a community member looking to enhance your quality of life through adult education classes; or someone who's searching to learn more about a special interest, Seminole State is here for you.
- Our Mission
- Seminole State College of Florida enhances the educational, economic, and cultural vitality of our region by providing exemplary learning opportunities to our diverse community.
- Our Vision
- Seminole State College of Florida will be a national leader in academic programs and services that cultivate student achievement, career advancement, and global awareness in a collaborative and inclusive learning environment.
- Seminole State wins national award for advancing diversity - 09/20/2021 - For the eighth year in a row, Seminole State College of Florida has received the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award from INSIGHT into Diversity magazine, the oldest and ...morelargest diversity-focused publication in higher education. hide
- Seminole State launches partnership with Community College of the Air Force - 04/07/2021 - Seminole State College of Florida and the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) have signed a partnership allowing the College to offer a General Education Mobile (GEM) program. ...more Through the partnership, the College will offer 18 online general education classes to more than 300,000 United States Air Force and United State Space Force personnel pursuing a CCAF Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree. hide
- Seminole State wins national award for outstanding STEM education - 12/01/2020 - Seminole State College of Florida`s Associate of Science Degree in Network Services Technology has been named a winner of the Excellence and Equity in Community College STEM Award by the ...moreAspen Institute College Excellence Program and the Siemens Foundation. hide
- The benefits of continuing education after high school - 12/01/2020 - For high school graduates, deciding whether to pursue higher education or enter the workforce and start earning money may be a difficult decision. But the benefits of pursuing a four-year ...morebachelor`s degree, a two-year associate degree, or a technical or career certificate can help you get hired in a well-paying job and put you on track for long-term career success. hide
The teacher population of 755 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Seminole State College of Florida||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||755 staff||55 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Cross Country, Golf, SoftballBaseball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||59 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
African American Cultural Forum, Archery Club, Brain Bowl, Chess Club, Creative Writing Ignited, Digital Media Club, Dreamers Student Club, Environmental Initiative, Film Club, Hispanic Student Association, Honors Ambassador Council, IDEAS for SSC, International Interior Design Association, International Student Club, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, Jocular Jesters Improv Club, Lucidity Poetry, Meditation Club, Neo-Animania: Anime Club, Network Internet Technology Association (NITA), Non-Traditional Student Club, NSCS, Nutrition and Wellness Club, PACTS, Paranormal Inquiry Club, Pharmacy Technician, Phi Beta Lambda, Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Honor Society, Philosophy Club, Physical Therapy Assistant Club, Popnerdzsquad, Psychology Club, Raider Gamers Club, Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Club, Seminole Connection, Seminole State Aikido, Seminole State College USGBC, Seminole State Genshiken, Seminole State Golf Club Club, Sigma Phi Gamma - Alpha Chapter, Social Science Club, SSC League Club, Student Art Club, Student Government Association, Student Nurses Association, Unity Gay Straight Alliance, Unity of Arts, Wildlife Conservation & Education Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Program, Music Program, Theatre Program
Recreational Athletic Programs:
4 x 4 Flag Football, Basketball, Billiards, Bowling, Dodgeball, Soccer, Table Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established in 1965, Seminole State College of Florida is a full-service education provider, offering bachelor's degrees; two-year college-credit degrees (A.A., A.S., A.A.S.); specialized career certificates; continuing professional education; adult education, and an array of culturally stimulating events and timely guest speakers. Seminole State, part of the public Florida College System, is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).Seminole State provides learning opportunities at four campuses and six sites in Seminole County, as well as online.Seminole State's national award-winning faculty and programs are as diverse as its students. Top-producing programs range from college credit transfer degrees and career certificates, to training for information technology and health professions, to business management and construction trades.
Profile last updated:
The nearest community college to Seminole State College of Florida is City College-Altamonte Springs (8.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 168 students | 8.00 Mi177 Montgomery Road
Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
(407) 831-9816 8.00168
- 612 students | 8.70 Mi1865 SR 436
Winter Park, FL 32792
(407) 478-0500 8.70612
- 20,170 students | 10.00 Mi3300 University Blvd
Winter Park, FL 32792
(407) 679-0100 10.0020,170
- 14 students | 10.90 Mi1573 W. Fairbanks Ave Suite #100
Winter Park, FL 32789
(407) 843-3984 10.9014
- 1,705 students | 12.00 Mi671 Winyah Drive
Orlando, FL 32803
(407) 303-7742 12.001,705
Leading the country in slashing public education spending, Arizona voted to defund higher education, including Pima and Maricopa Community College Districts, leaving many Arizona college students wondering what this new state legislation means for the future of their education.
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?