- The purpose of El Centro College is to provide Freshman and sophomore courses in arts and sciences, Workforce education programs leading to associate degrees or certificates, Continuing adult education programs for occupational or cultural enrichment, Workforce development programs designed to meet local and statewide needs, Education programs, Ongoing counseling and guidance, Adult literacy and other basic skills programs and other purposes as may be prescribed by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board or local governing boards in the best interest of postsecondary education in Texas.
- Enrollment: 74,781 students
- In-state tuition: $3,015
- Out-state tuition: $4,695
- Minority enrollment: 81%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- El Centro, a college of the Dallas County Community College District, is centrally located in downtown Dallas and has played a vital role in the area's educational advancement since 1966. El Centro's central location allows students from all parts of Dallas County to take advantage of preprofessional courses transferable to four-year institutions, as well as career training in over 50 exciting fields. The campus has gained international attention for making use of a nine-story, turn-of-the-century department store, renovated to accommodate classrooms, laboratories, computer technology, student center, learning center, performance hall and administrative offices, as well as labs, arts facilities and library. Our new student and technology center, on the south side of the campus, adds a spacious student center, technology classrooms and a new main entrance to the college's downtown setting. The college offers Degrees/Certificates in Arts & Science, Business & Public Service, Communications & Math, Health & Legal Studies, Information Technology Programs & Systems Support and Urban Education. El Centro College is accredited by the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Dallas College cost?
Dallas College's tuition is approximately $3,015 for In-State students and $4,695 for Out-State students.