Mountain View College
- The teacher population of 161 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Mountain View College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||161 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,950 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||56:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,962 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,988 students||2,866 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,100||$33,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Mountain View College provides Technical programs, Vocational programs, Freshman and sophomore courses in arts and sciences. Continuing adult education programs, Compensatory education programs, continuing program of counseling, Workforce development programs, Adult literacy and other basic skills programs. Students trek to Mountain View for classes and programs in fields like computer information technology, teacher education, electronics technology, geographic information systems, criminal justice and welding technology. Some even get off the ground in aviation technology. Mountain View College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,549 students | 7.00 Mi801 Main Street
Dallas,  TX  75202
- 162 students | 7.00 Mi2600 Stemmons Fwy Ste 117
Dallas,  TX  75207
- 490 students | 7.20 Mi1250 Mockingbird Lane, Suite 150
Dallas,  TX  75247
- 207 students | 7.40 Mi1950 N. Stemmons Freeway, Suite 4080 Dallas INFOMART
Dallas,  TX  75207
- 947 students | 9.10 Mi2915 Alouette Drive
Grand Prairie,  TX  75052
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.