Tel: (214) 637-3530
- Wade College is a privately sponsored college offering an associate degree program in merchandising and design. The college is a teaching institution that emphasizes specialized professional study and the liberal arts.
The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wade College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||121 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The college began by offering courses in professional modeling and fashion merchandising in day and evening classes. In 1965, the college moved from its location in the Turtle Creek area of Dallas to within the Dallas Market Center complex, and in 1971, the professional modeling and evening classes were discontinued in favor of total emphasis on full-time enrollment in merchandising. Now the college offers a dual Associate of Arts degree in Merchandising and Design. The college offers a solid general education curriculum, designed to provide an introduction to major areas of knowledge and to stimulate individual interests in specialized fields. Students may specialize in graphic design, fashion design, interior design, merchandise marketing, or fashion/interior merchandising. Students benefit enormously from the college's location within the Dallas Market Center complex, which offers the ideal professional environment for individuals seeking industry experience and early exposure to the merchandising and design industries. Wade College offers students opportunity to learn in the heart of the merchandising and design industries. The college is part of the Dallas Market Center, the world's largest wholesale merchandising and design complex. The Dallas Market Center is a 6.9 million square-foot complex consisting of four buildings. The giant complex consists of the Trade Mart, Market Hall, International Floral Design Center, and the World Trade Center. Students have daily access to a complex that hosts over 50 markets a year. Wade College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.
The nearest community college to Wade College is KD Conservatory College of Film and Dramatic Arts (1.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 111 students | 1.40 Mi2600 Stemmons Fwy Ste 117
Dallas, TX 75207
(214) 638-0484 1.40111
- 11,729 students | 1.70 Mi801 Main Street
Dallas, TX 75202
(214) 860-2037 1.7011,729
- 490 students | 3.10 Mi1250 Mockingbird Lane, Suite 150
Dallas, TX 75247
(214) 459-8490 3.10490
- 661 students | 5.60 Mi8080 Park Lane, Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75231
(214) 692-8080 5.60661
- 11,619 students | 7.20 Mi4849 West Illinois Ave.
Dallas, TX 75211
(214) 860-8680 7.2011,619
Today's high school dropout rates call for drastic measures, and community colleges are taking action to help keep students in high school. Learn about their innovative programs and how your local community college is keeping high school students on campus.
Learn about how small businesses can obtain helpful assistance, training, and mentoring through community colleges thanks to Goldman Sachs' 10,000 Small Business program.
Community college graduation rates may appear to be in dire straits, but what are the real numbers? Could it be that the “successful” students who transfer to four-year universities are considered community college “drop outs” statistically?