- Wade College is a privately sponsored college offering an associate degree program in merchandising and design. The college is a teaching institution that emphasizes specialized professional study and the liberal arts.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has declined by 31% over five years.
|Wade College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||207 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||159 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||48 students||2,866 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,900||$34,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The college began by offering courses in professional modeling and fashion merchandising in day and evening classes. In 1965, the college moved from its location in the Turtle Creek area of Dallas to within the Dallas Market Center complex, and in 1971, the professional modeling and evening classes were discontinued in favor of total emphasis on full-time enrollment in merchandising. Now the college offers a dual Associate of Arts degree in Merchandising and Design. The college offers a solid general education curriculum, designed to provide an introduction to major areas of knowledge and to stimulate individual interests in specialized fields. Students may specialize in graphic design, fashion design, interior design, merchandise marketing, or fashion/interior merchandising. Students benefit enormously from the college's location within the Dallas Market Center complex, which offers the ideal professional environment for individuals seeking industry experience and early exposure to the merchandising and design industries. Wade College offers students opportunity to learn in the heart of the merchandising and design industries. The college is part of the Dallas Market Center, the world's largest wholesale merchandising and design complex. The Dallas Market Center is a 6.9 million square-foot complex consisting of four buildings. The giant complex consists of the Trade Mart, Market Hall, International Floral Design Center, and the World Trade Center. Students have daily access to a complex that hosts over 50 markets a year. Wade College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 162 students | 1.20 Mi2600 Stemmons Fwy Ste 117
Dallas,  TX  75207
- 10,549 students | 1.90 Mi801 Main Street
Dallas,  TX  75202
- 38 students | 2.90 Mi1341 West Mokingbird Lane, Suite 200E
Dallas,  TX  75247
- 490 students | 2.90 Mi1250 Mockingbird Lane, Suite 150
Dallas,  TX  75247
- 712 students | 3.80 Mi6080 North Central Expressway
Dallas,  TX  75206
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.
March 11, 2018
Be surprised by the results from the first ever national community college survey, which found that students value their internet connection more than their instructors!