- Wade College is a privately sponsored college offering an associate degree program in merchandising and design. The college is a teaching institution that emphasizes specialized professional study and the liberal arts.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wade College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||207 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||159 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||48 students||2,866 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,900||$33,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The college began by offering courses in professional modeling and fashion merchandising in day and evening classes. In 1965, the college moved from its location in the Turtle Creek area of Dallas to within the Dallas Market Center complex, and in 1971, the professional modeling and evening classes were discontinued in favor of total emphasis on full-time enrollment in merchandising. Now the college offers a dual Associate of Arts degree in Merchandising and Design. The college offers a solid general education curriculum, designed to provide an introduction to major areas of knowledge and to stimulate individual interests in specialized fields. Students may specialize in graphic design, fashion design, interior design, merchandise marketing, or fashion/interior merchandising. Students benefit enormously from the college's location within the Dallas Market Center complex, which offers the ideal professional environment for individuals seeking industry experience and early exposure to the merchandising and design industries. Wade College offers students opportunity to learn in the heart of the merchandising and design industries. The college is part of the Dallas Market Center, the world's largest wholesale merchandising and design complex. The Dallas Market Center is a 6.9 million square-foot complex consisting of four buildings. The giant complex consists of the Trade Mart, Market Hall, International Floral Design Center, and the World Trade Center. Students have daily access to a complex that hosts over 50 markets a year. Wade College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.
- The nearest community college to Wade College is KD College Conservatory of Film and Dramatic Arts (1.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 162 students | 1.40 Mi2600 Stemmons Fwy Ste 117
Dallas,  TX  75207
- 10,549 students | 1.70 Mi801 Main Street
Dallas,  TX  75202
- 490 students | 3.10 Mi1250 Mockingbird Lane, Suite 150
Dallas,  TX  75247
- 712 students | 3.70 Mi6080 North Central Expressway
Dallas,  TX  75206
- 8,950 students | 7.20 Mi4849 West Illinois Ave.
Dallas,  TX  75211
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.