- Wade College is a privately sponsored college offering an associate degree program in merchandising and design. The college is a teaching institution that emphasizes specialized professional study and the liberal arts.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wade College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||207 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||159 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||48 students||2,866 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,900||$33,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The college began by offering courses in professional modeling and fashion merchandising in day and evening classes. In 1965, the college moved from its location in the Turtle Creek area of Dallas to within the Dallas Market Center complex, and in 1971, the professional modeling and evening classes were discontinued in favor of total emphasis on full-time enrollment in merchandising. Now the college offers a dual Associate of Arts degree in Merchandising and Design. The college offers a solid general education curriculum, designed to provide an introduction to major areas of knowledge and to stimulate individual interests in specialized fields. Students may specialize in graphic design, fashion design, interior design, merchandise marketing, or fashion/interior merchandising. Students benefit enormously from the college's location within the Dallas Market Center complex, which offers the ideal professional environment for individuals seeking industry experience and early exposure to the merchandising and design industries. Wade College offers students opportunity to learn in the heart of the merchandising and design industries. The college is part of the Dallas Market Center, the world's largest wholesale merchandising and design complex. The Dallas Market Center is a 6.9 million square-foot complex consisting of four buildings. The giant complex consists of the Trade Mart, Market Hall, International Floral Design Center, and the World Trade Center. Students have daily access to a complex that hosts over 50 markets a year. Wade College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.
- The nearest community college to Wade College is KD College Conservatory of Film and Dramatic Arts (1.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 162 students | 1.20 Mi2600 Stemmons Fwy Ste 117
Dallas,  TX  75207
- 10,549 students | 1.90 Mi801 Main Street
Dallas,  TX  75202
- 490 students | 2.90 Mi1250 Mockingbird Lane, Suite 150
Dallas,  TX  75247
- 712 students | 3.80 Mi6080 North Central Expressway
Dallas,  TX  75206
- 8,950 students | 7.40 Mi4849 West Illinois Ave.
Dallas,  TX  75211
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.