Top Ranked (2022): View Rankings
Tel: (214) 637-3530
- Wade College is a privately sponsored college offering an associate degree program in merchandising and design. The college is a teaching institution that emphasizes specialized professional study and the liberal arts.
The teacher population of 23 teachers has grown by 43% over five years.
|Wade College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||23 staff||262 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The college began by offering courses in professional modeling and fashion merchandising in day and evening classes. In 1965, the college moved from its location in the Turtle Creek area of Dallas to within the Dallas Market Center complex, and in 1971, the professional modeling and evening classes were discontinued in favor of total emphasis on full-time enrollment in merchandising. Now the college offers a dual Associate of Arts degree in Merchandising and Design. The college offers a solid general education curriculum, designed to provide an introduction to major areas of knowledge and to stimulate individual interests in specialized fields. Students may specialize in graphic design, fashion design, interior design, merchandise marketing, or fashion/interior merchandising. Students benefit enormously from the college's location within the Dallas Market Center complex, which offers the ideal professional environment for individuals seeking industry experience and early exposure to the merchandising and design industries. Wade College offers students opportunity to learn in the heart of the merchandising and design industries. The college is part of the Dallas Market Center, the world's largest wholesale merchandising and design complex. The Dallas Market Center is a 6.9 million square-foot complex consisting of four buildings. The giant complex consists of the Trade Mart, Market Hall, International Floral Design Center, and the World Trade Center. Students have daily access to a complex that hosts over 50 markets a year. Wade College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.
The nearest community college to Wade College is KD Conservatory College of Film and Dramatic Arts (1.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 129 students | 1.40 Mi2600 Stemmons Fwy Ste 117
Dallas, TX 75207
(214) 638-0484 1.40129
- 12,947 students | 1.70 Mi801 Main Street
Dallas, TX 75202
(214) 860-2037 1.7012,947
- 519 students | 5.60 Mi8080 Park Lane, Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75231
(214) 692-8080 5.60519
- 12,210 students | 7.20 Mi4849 West Illinois Ave.
Dallas, TX 75211
(214) 860-8680 7.2012,210
- 254 students | 8.10 Mi3909 S Buckner Blvd
Dallas, TX 75227
(214) 388-5466 8.10254
You've graduated from community college - now what? Keep reading to learn what to do after you've finished college.
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.