College of the Canyons
- College of the Canyons is dedicated to enhancing our reputation as a leading two-year college, recognized locally, regionally and statewide for technical advancement, institutional effectiveness, student support, model academic and professional programs, excellence in teaching and learning, and the sense of community that we provide to our students and staff.
- Enrollment: 20,573 students
- In-state tuition: $1,154
- Out-state tuition: $5,474
- Student:teacher ratio: 25:1
- Minority enrollment: 67%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
College of the Canyons ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- College of the Canyons is a learning-centered community college that provides academic education and workforce training at the lower division level, to all capable of profiting from instruction. The college began in 1969 with only 800 students located on the campus of Hart High School in Newhall. It now serves more than 17,000 students each term by providing high-quality academic and technical programs including 1,528 class sections, 38 certificate training programs, 55 disciplines/majors, and 34 computer labs. Seventeen intercollegiate athletic programs, nine women's sports and eight men's, provide opportunities to participate in athletics for all who are interested. College of the Canyons is truly a one-of-a-kind resource for the Santa Clarita Valley. It has distinguished itself as one of the premier community colleges in California and is recognized for its leadership in correlating education with economic development, job retention and job creation. It is noted for its high quality academics, excellent facilities, faculty, staff, support systems and effective management of resources. Innovative programs involving partnerships with businesses, alliances with community members and other educational institutions combined with a high-energy, on campus environment have poised the college for the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does College of the Canyons cost?
College of the Canyons's tuition is approximately $1,154 for In-State students and $5,474 for Out-State students.
What is College of the Canyons's ranking?
College of the Canyons ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Least expensive tuition, Largest student body and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).