National Career College
- Maric College is an institution of higher learning dedicated to providing quality programs that integrate the curriculum with professional skill development, empowering students to achieve their lifelong personal and professional goals.
National Career College places among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|National Career College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||4 staff||97 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||5||10|
|Total Enrollment||147 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||37:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||147 students||1,613 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,100||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||70%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$8,502||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,289||$4,750|
|Acceptance Rate (Year 2008)||88%||94%|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Maric College is part of a network of over 75 schools nationwide offering quality career-focused education. The tradition of excellence began in 1987 when Educational Medical, Inc. purchased three well-respected Maric Colleges - a group of career colleges offering training in the allied health fields - in Southern California. In 1998, Educational Medical, Inc. changed its name to Quest Education Corporation to better reflect the diversity of programs within the 30 schools operating in 11 states. In August of 2000, Quest Education Corporation was purchased by Kaplan, Inc., a division of the Washington Post. Quest Education Corporation changed its name to Kaplan Higher Education Corporation in 2002. The college offers different program options at each of our locations across California. We offer career-focused education in three main areas: Arts & Design,, Healthcare and Legal. Not all programs are offered at each of our campuses. Programs Offered at the Panorama city campus are Legal Administrative Assistant, Medical Assistant and Paralegal/Legal Assistant.
- The nearest community college to National Career College is Casa Loma College-Van Nuys (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 225 students | 2.20 Mi6725 Kester Ave
Van Nuys,  CA  91405
- 317 students | 2.60 Mi14519 W.Sylvan Street
Van Nuys,  CA  91411
- 620 students | 3.50 Mi12412 Victory Boulevard
North Hollywood,  CA  91606
- 18,641 students | 3.50 Mi5800 Fulton Avenue
Van Nuys,  CA  91401
- 789 students | 4.00 Mi6180 Laurel Canyon Boulevard, Suite 101
North Hollywood,  CA  91606
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.