National Career College
- Maric College is an institution of higher learning dedicated to providing quality programs that integrate the curriculum with professional skill development, empowering students to achieve their lifelong personal and professional goals.
National Career College places among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|National Career College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||4 staff||97 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||5||10|
|Total Enrollment||147 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||37:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||147 students||1,613 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,100||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||70%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$8,502||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,289||$4,750|
|Acceptance Rate (Year 2008)||88%||94%|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Maric College is part of a network of over 75 schools nationwide offering quality career-focused education. The tradition of excellence began in 1987 when Educational Medical, Inc. purchased three well-respected Maric Colleges - a group of career colleges offering training in the allied health fields - in Southern California. In 1998, Educational Medical, Inc. changed its name to Quest Education Corporation to better reflect the diversity of programs within the 30 schools operating in 11 states. In August of 2000, Quest Education Corporation was purchased by Kaplan, Inc., a division of the Washington Post. Quest Education Corporation changed its name to Kaplan Higher Education Corporation in 2002. The college offers different program options at each of our locations across California. We offer career-focused education in three main areas: Arts & Design,, Healthcare and Legal. Not all programs are offered at each of our campuses. Programs Offered at the Panorama city campus are Legal Administrative Assistant, Medical Assistant and Paralegal/Legal Assistant.
- The nearest community college to National Career College is Casa Loma College-Van Nuys (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 225 students | 2.20 Mi6725 Kester Ave
Van Nuys,  CA  91405
- 317 students | 2.60 Mi14519 W.Sylvan Street
Van Nuys,  CA  91411
- 620 students | 3.50 Mi12412 Victory Boulevard
North Hollywood,  CA  91606
- 18,641 students | 3.50 Mi5800 Fulton Avenue
Van Nuys,  CA  91401
- 789 students | 4.00 Mi6180 Laurel Canyon Boulevard, Suite 101
North Hollywood,  CA  91606
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.