Los Angeles Mission College
- Los Angeles Mission College will ensure that students master academic and workplace knowledge and skills by providing comprehensive lower-division general education, AA and AS degree programs, occupational education, occupational certificates, transfer education, developmental education, counseling and guidance, and community services which will meet the needs of people in the San Fernando Valley while protecting academic freedom and maintaining academic standards.
- Enrollment: 9,451 students
- In-state tuition: $1,220
- Out-state tuition: $6,810
- Student:teacher ratio: 26:1
- Minority enrollment: 90%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Founded in 1975, Los Angeles Mission College is the newest of the nine colleges in the Los Angeles Community College District. Its 22-acre campus, located in the northeast San Fernando Valley, is among the most scenic in the state. It has an enrollment of about 7,000 students. Small class sizes allow for close contact with instructors. Excellent academic programs, a focus on university transfer, and workforce training are the hallmarks of education at Los Angeles Mission College. Los Angeles Mission College serves the educational needs of our neighbors in the San Fernando Valley. Throughout our 30-year history, community support and involvement has been one of Mission College's most valued resources. We invite you to be part of Mission College! We're located in Sylmar and have strong, historical ties to our neighboring communities of San Fernando, Pacoima, Mission Hills, North Hills, Panorama City and Granada Hills. In recent years, our enrollment base has expanded to include many of the communities throughout the greater San Fernando Valley, as well as Canyon Country and Santa Clarita.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Los Angeles Mission College cost?
Los Angeles Mission College's tuition is approximately $1,220 for In-State students and $6,810 for Out-State students.
What is Los Angeles Mission College's ranking?
Los Angeles Mission College ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Average community college minority breakdown.