Los Angeles Pierce College
- Los Angeles Pierce College is committed to providing quality education for all the communities it serves. Its primary mission is to offer a broad curriculum designed to enable students to achieve their educational goals.
- The teacher population of 373 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Los Angeles Pierce College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||373 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||21,034 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||56:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||5,812 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||15,222 students||5,903 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,100||$34,600|
- Pierce College is a two-year public institution providing opportunities for occupational training, transfer education and life-long learning. Pierce is one of nine campuses of the Los Angeles Community College District. Founded in 1947, Pierce College is a comprehensive college with more than 100 disciplines being taught to more than 18,000 students each semester. The college is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, a nationally recognized accrediting agency. Located on 427 acres in the western San Fernando Valley, nestled next to the thriving business district of Warner Center, Pierce College combines state-of-the-art technology and learning with the picturesque beauty of its rolling hills. The campus' setting among 2,200 trees, thousands of rose bushes, a nature preserve, and a forest area boasting giant redwoods makes it unique in the Los Angeles metropolitan area. Pierce offers two year Associate degrees in the Arts and Sciences. We also have Vocational Certificate programs and general education transfer programs that meet lower division general education requirements for transfer to any University of California or California State colleges. Pierce College is setting the pace in community college education. The creation of the 15-week semester plan has led to higher enrollment, better retention and better learning. With two five-week summer sessions and one five-week winter session, students are enjoying the opportunity to move more quickly through the curriculum with greater success academically. Many Pierce College students transfer to the University of California system, the California State University system, and private universities to earn bachelors degrees. Pierce College has one of the highest transfer performances in southern California. Pierce Honors students have the enviable record of never been turned down for admission to the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Pierce College students also transfer to California State University, Northridge (CSUN) in greater numbers than any other college.
- The nearest community college to Los Angeles Pierce College is Casa Loma College-Van Nuys (6.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 225 students | 6.50 Mi6725 Kester Ave
Van Nuys,  CA  91405
- 317 students | 7.00 Mi14519 W.Sylvan Street
Van Nuys,  CA  91411
- 147 students | 7.60 Mi14355 Roscoe Blvd
Panorama City,  CA  91402
- 18,641 students | 8.50 Mi5800 Fulton Avenue
Van Nuys,  CA  91401
- 620 students | 9.60 Mi12412 Victory Boulevard
North Hollywood,  CA  91606