Clark State Community College
- The purpose of Clark State Community College is to foster individual and community prosperity through access to the highest quality, learner-centered education.
- Enrollment: 5,396 students
- In-state tuition: $3,359
- Out-state tuition: $6,271
- Student:teacher ratio: 17:1
- Minority enrollment: 19%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Clark State Community College is a public, comprehensive, two-year higher education institution located in Springfield, Ohio. We offer both full-time and part-time employment on our beautiful Leffel Lane and Downtown campuses. Clark State Community College began in 1962 as the Springfield and Clark County Technical Education Program in an effort to meet the post-secondary, technical education needs of Springfield and the surrounding area. In 1966 the name was changed to Clark County Technical Institute (CCTI) and was chartered by the Ohio Board of Regents as Ohio's first technical college. In 1972, ten years after its birth, CCTI had grown to 1,000 students and officially became Clark Technical College. New programs in agriculture, business, engineering technologies, health, public services and general studies were developed in response to the community's changing educational and economic needs. By 1985 Clark Technical College had developed one of the broadest general education programs of any technical college in the state. On July 1, 1988, the Ohio Board of Regents approved the change of Clark Technical College to Clark State Community College. As a result of this action, Clark State added the Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees (university parallel programs) to the nearly 30 technical associate degrees and certificates it had offered for years. Clark State Community College offers over 50 career-oriented associate degrees and certificates in business, health, human services and engineering technologies, as well as pre-baccalaureate transfer degrees. Clark State Community College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of College and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Clark State Community College cost?
Clark State Community College's tuition is approximately $3,359 for In-State students and $6,271 for Out-State students.