- Clarendon College is the oldest institution of higher education in the Texas Panhandle, having been established in 1898 by the Methodist Episcopal Church, South. The College was successfully administrated by the church through the first quarter of the 20th century.
- The teacher population of 49 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Clarendon College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||49 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,394 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||669 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||725 students||2,866 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||298||252|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,700||$33,800|
- The Clarendon Independent School Board purchased the college property and Clarendon College was re-established in 1927 as a non-sectarian junior college. The College was recognized by the Texas Education Agency and the Association of Texas Colleges and Universities in 1927. Clarendon College now operates from a beautiful 82-acre campus on the west edge of Clarendon. Eight counties comprise the College's service area. It is maintained, in part, by property taxes in the Clarendon College District (Donley County). The College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and schools and is one of 50 state-supported community colleges in the Texas system.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,336 students | 56.20 Mi2011 S. Washington
Amarillo,  TX  79109
- 1,348 students | 56.80 Mi1301 W. Roosevelt St.
Borger,  TX  79008
- 1,460 students | 90.80 Mi2801 N Main St
Altus,  OK  73521
- 2,989 students | 105.30 Mi4400 College Dr.
Vernon,  TX  76384
- 314 students | 108.30 Mi1421 Ninth Street
Lubbock,  TX  79401