Western Oklahoma State College
- Western Oklahoma State College is committed to providing exemplary educational opportunities to meet the needs of the individual and the community in an increasingly global society. In accordance with our mission, Western’s educational programs and services are designed to help people achieve their individual potential, enrich their lives, and become responsible and productive members of society.
Top Placements (Oklahoma)
Listed among the top community colleges in Oklahoma for:
- Category Attribute
- Debt For Students Least debt for graduating students
- The teacher population of 56 teachers has declined by 34% over five years.
|Western Oklahoma State College||(OK) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||56 staff||58 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,460 students||1,805 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||29:1|
|# Full-Time Students||579 students||849 students|
|# Part-Time Students||881 students||956 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||96||350|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,700||$33,700|
- Western Oklahoma State College, established as Altus Junior College in 1926, is the oldest original municipal two-year college still in existence in Oklahoma. Its operation since 1967 has been under the provision of State Bill No. 2 of the 1967 Oklahoma Legislature and the Community Junior College Act. On August 16, 1974, the college became Western Oklahoma State College by an act of the state legislature, signed by the Governor on April 3, 1974. Western Oklahoma State College is geographically located in Southwestern Oklahoma. As a state-supported institution, it is open to all residents of Oklahoma but functions primarily to serve the counties of Jackson, Greer, Harmon, Kiowa, and Tillman. Western Oklahoma State College awards the following degrees and other forms of academic recognition to those students who successfully complete the educational program plans approved to be offered at the institution. The college offers Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science and Certificate Programs. The college is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools-Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
- The nearest community college to Western Oklahoma State College is Vernon College (35.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,989 students | 35.20 Mi4400 College Dr.
Vernon,  TX  76384
- 1,394 students | 90.80 Mi1122 College Drive
Clarendon,  TX  79226
- 2,661 students | 97.10 Mi1300 S Country Club Rd
El Reno,  OK  73036
- 13,397 students | 111.60 Mi7777 S May Ave
Oklahoma City,  OK  73159
- 134 students | 112.00 Mi309 S Ann Arbor
Oklahoma City,  OK  73128