City College of San Francisco News
Browse past news stories for City College of San Francisco in San Francisco, CA.
- City College of San Francisco Reaches Agreement With Union - Inside Higher Ed
posted on July 15, 2016 at 07:26:57 am
KRON4.comIf accepted, the college could avoid a faculty strike. Some of the salary offer, however, is conditional on enrollment growth at the college, which has declined in the accreditation crisis with CCSF's accreditor, the Accrediting Commission for ...City College of San Francisco reaches tenta ...
- Phishing attack compromises City College of San Francisco student data - SC Magazine
posted on May 16, 2016 at 07:08:39 pm
The City College of San Francisco (CCSF) reported that student information of about 7,500 students was compromised when an employee responded to a phishing em ...
- Saddleback losses state title game to City College of San Francisco, again - Lariat Saddleback College
posted on March 15, 2016 at 06:59:02 am
Gauchos forward Breaon Brady (No. 34) shoots over a block attempt against East Los Angeles College earlier in the CCCAA playoffs. Saddleback played a tough schedule in the playoffs and could not defend their state title, losing to City College ...
- City College of San Francisco Teachers Could Strike Over Contract - KQED
posted on March 11, 2016 at 11:16:47 pm
City College of San Francisco faculty say they could strike if the college doesn't offer them a fair contract. The American Federation of Teachers Local 2121 announced Thursday that members had voted overwhelmingly to authorize a ...
- City College of San Francisco faculty vote to call strike - KGO-TV
posted on March 10, 2016 at 07:32:47 pm
Faculty Union President Tim Killikelly speaks about a possible strike at City College of San Francisco on Thursday, March 10, 2016. (). KGO. Thursday, March 10, 2016. SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) --. Faculty members have said they'll walk off the job ...
- Skyline struggles against City College of San Francisco in late innings - Skyline View (subscription)
posted on March 2, 2016 at 09:23:27 pm
Skyline gave up four runs in loss at City College of San Francisco on Friday, Feb. 26. The Trojans held a three run lead into the eighth, but the Rams tied the game with a three run ...
- Are things looking up for City College of San Francisco? - SFGate (blog)
posted on January 27, 2015 at 01:11:32 am
City College of San Francisco has gotten something of a reprieve these last few weeks. First, San Francisco Superior Court Judge Curtis Karnow tentatively ruled that ...
- Accreditor Fumbled in Acting Against City College of San Francisco, Court Says - Chronicle of Higher Education (subscription)
posted on January 17, 2015 at 01:16:38 am
The ruling, in a lawsuit filed against the accreditor by the San Francisco city attorney's office rather than by the college itself, marks the latest twist in a long-running battle t ...
- Tentative Ruling Could Provide Relief for Embattled City College of San Francisco - KRON 4
posted on January 16, 2015 at 10:10:33 pm
The San Francisco City Attorney's office has sued to block the Commission's 2013 ruling pulling City College's accreditation. The college could close if students co ...
- Accrediting panel gives City College of San Francisco a 2-year reprieve - Los Angeles Times
posted on January 15, 2015 at 05:11:20 am
San Francisco's only community college will remain accredited for at least two more years in a reprieve announced Wednesday to keep the institution's doors open for nearly 80,000 students. The Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges ...CCSF wins reprieve: Shutdown averted with 2-year extensionSFGateCity College of ...
June 21, 2018
Learn about programs offered by community colleges that allow students to earn a two-year degree and then go on to earn a bachelor’s degree either online or at a nearby university.
June 21, 2018
Explore a trend seen this year, where enrollment rates are stabilizing or even falling at many community colleges around the country.
June 18, 2018
Community Colleges have existed for more than 100 years and they have changed significantly in that amount of time. Keep reading to learn more about the history of community colleges and how they've changed the face of American public education.