- Chesapeake College is a comprehensive public two-year regional community college serving the educational needs of the residents of Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne's and Talbot counties on Maryland's Upper Eastern Shore. The College's mission is to provide a learner-centered environment that provides affordable, quality, educational experiences and support services, a focus on student achievement, choice in instructional delivery, and innovative use of instructional technology. This environment maximizes students' potential for intellectual and personal growth.
- Enrollment: 2,184 students
- In-state tuition: $5,120
- Out-state tuition: $6,968
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 32%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Chesapeake College, founded in 1965 offers two-year program of study in liberal arts and sciences and career programs. Degrees granted includes Associate of Arts, Associate of Arts in Teaching, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science, Certificate and Letter of Recognition. The College offers a large selection of credit and continuing education offerings designed to help students prepare for transfer to upper level institutions, for immediate entry into a career, or for enhancing work-related skills. Beyond the curricula, the College offers many opportunities for further academic, social, personal, cultural, and athletic development through a rich variety of extracurricular and co-curricular activities. Our main campus is located at Wye Mills covering 170 acres. Chesapeake College Cambridge Center is located at 416-418 Race Street in Cambridge. Chesapeake College Center for Allied Health, Memorial Hospital located at 219 South Washington Street, Easton, Maryland. Off-campus teaching locations are at various sites throughout Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne's,and Talbot counties. To enhance student learning and to promote teaching excellence, the College commits to providing a supportive learning environment characterized by a dedicated, caring and highly qualified faculty and staff. The College offers all employees professional development opportunities that are aligned with goals outlined in its Strategic Plan. Through these commitments, the College nurtures a community of lifelong learners among faculty, staff and students.