- Chesapeake College is a comprehensive public two-year regional community college serving the educational needs of the residents of Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne's and Talbot counties on Maryland's Upper Eastern Shore. The College's mission is to provide a learner-centered environment that provides affordable, quality, educational experiences and support services, a focus on student achievement, choice in instructional delivery, and innovative use of instructional technology. This environment maximizes students' potential for intellectual and personal growth.
Chesapeake College serves 1,904 students (27% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 is lower than the state community college average of 10:1.
Minority enrollment is 24% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 56%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,904 students
- In-state tuition: $5,120
- Out-state tuition: $6,968
- Student:teacher ratio: 7:1
- Minority enrollment: 24%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 290 teachers has grown by 253% over five years.
(MD) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Chesapeake College has declined by 13% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has decreased from 8:1 over five years.
The Chesapeake College diversity score of 0.41 is less than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has declined by 18% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $5,120 is less than the state average of $7,307. The in-state tuition has declined by 6% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $6,968 is less than the state average of $9,316. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Chesapeake College, founded in 1965 offers two-year program of study in liberal arts and sciences and career programs. Degrees granted includes Associate of Arts, Associate of Arts in Teaching, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science, Certificate and Letter of Recognition. The College offers a large selection of credit and continuing education offerings designed to help students prepare for transfer to upper level institutions, for immediate entry into a career, or for enhancing work-related skills. Beyond the curricula, the College offers many opportunities for further academic, social, personal, cultural, and athletic development through a rich variety of extracurricular and co-curricular activities. Our main campus is located at Wye Mills covering 170 acres. Chesapeake College Cambridge Center is located at 416-418 Race Street in Cambridge. Chesapeake College Center for Allied Health, Memorial Hospital located at 219 South Washington Street, Easton, Maryland. Off-campus teaching locations are at various sites throughout Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne's,and Talbot counties. To enhance student learning and to promote teaching excellence, the College commits to providing a supportive learning environment characterized by a dedicated, caring and highly qualified faculty and staff. The College offers all employees professional development opportunities that are aligned with goals outlined in its Strategic Plan. Through these commitments, the College nurtures a community of lifelong learners among faculty, staff and students.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Chesapeake College cost?
Chesapeake College's tuition is approximately $5,120 for In-State students and $6,968 for Out-State students.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.