- Macon State College is strongly committed to quality education and student success through excellence and innovation in teaching. A highly flexible and dynamic institution, it actively recruits faculty, staff and administrators with the experience and talent to sustain a supportive and productive learning environment for a diverse student population. Scholarly pursuits are encouraged with emphasis on applied research related to regional issues, the college’s core disciplines and institutional effectiveness. Student life is enriched through cultural, social and recreational programs, as well as opportunities for leadership in student government and participation in extracurricular organizations. The special needs of a commuting population are recognized in the design and delivery of counseling, testing, career planning and placement services.
Middle Georgia State University serves 8,404 students (59% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 42% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 53%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 8,404 students
- Acceptance Rate: 99%
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 42%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Middle Georgia State University ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Georgia for:
The teacher population of 753 teachers has grown by 113% over five years.
Middle Georgia State University
(GA) Community College Avg.
Not applicable, not in Carnegie universe (not accredited or nondegree-granting)
Four or more years
At least 2 years but < 4 years
The student population of Middle Georgia State University has grown by 35% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Middle Georgia State University diversity score of 0.59 is less than the state average of 0.67. The school's diversity has declined by 41% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
SAT Total Avg.
ACT Total Avg.
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Macon State College, founded in 1968, has grown from a small junior college of 1,100 students to the largest undergraduate college in Central Georgia. With beautiful facilities in Macon and Warner Robins, the College is focused on providing professionally oriented programs to address the workforce needs of Georgia. Our baccalaureate degree programs are market-driven disciplines essential to the economic vitality of Central Georgia. The College continues to prepare students to compete in a technologically advanced global economy while developing important life skills and a firm foundation in the liberal arts. As a complement to its baccalaureate mission, Macon State offers a variety of associate of arts and associate of science degrees, transfer programs and career certificate programs. The 167-acre Macon Campus, located in western Bibb County near the intersection of U.S. 80 and Interstate 475, has 13 major structures committed to academic and student support, including a newly renovated Library; an Arts Complex housing theatre, music and art; and a new Student Life Center, which contains essential student services and the College's Division of Business Administration.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of Middle Georgia State University?
The acceptance rate of Middle Georgia State University is 99%, which is higher than the state average of 79%.
What is Middle Georgia State University's ranking?
Middle Georgia State University ranks among the top 20% of community college in Georgia for: Largest student body and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.