Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College
- Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College is an associate degree-awarding two-year public institution. As an open admissions institution, we serve students with diverse backgrounds and ability levels from a primarily rural region, enrolling approximately 2,900 – 3,300 credit students and 3,000 non-credit students annually. Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College values the quality and effectiveness of our programs, promoting ethical standards in all aspects of the College’s operation.
Top Placements (South Carolina)
Listed among the top community colleges in South Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Debt For Students Least debt for graduating students
- The teacher population of 109 teachers has declined by 27% over five years.
|Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||109 staff||55 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,060 students||1,260 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,326 students||726 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,734 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,000||$28,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The history of technical education in Orangeburg and Calhoun Counties began many years before Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College officially opened in 1968. In April 2003, OCtech cut the ribbon on its new Student and Community Life Center. Located here are Student Services, Continuing Education, Planning, Development and Research offices, and the president's office. This building also features a Cyber Cafe, The Tourville Learning Lab, and meeting rooms, all of which are open to the public. Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College is presently completing extensive renovations to both the Gressette and the Williams buildings to update and to improve facilities. The college offers Associate Degree Programs in Arts, Science, Business, Computer Technology, Engineering Technology, Health Science, Industrial Technology, Occupational Technology and Public Service. Diploma programs are offered in Automated Office, Medical Office Assisting, Early Childhood Development and Practical Nursing. The college also offers various Certificate programs. Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and Associate in Applied Science degrees.
- The nearest community college to Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College is Denmark Technical College (23.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,678 students | 23.90 Mi1126 Solomon Blatt Blvd
Denmark,  SC  29042
- 11,424 students | 32.60 Mi1260 Lexington Drive
West Columbia,  SC  29170
- 70 students | 37.30 Mi7500 Two Notch Road
Columbia,  SC  29223
- 878 students | 37.40 Mi200 Miller Rd
Sumter,  SC  29150
- 3,963 students | 37.50 Mi506 N Guignard Dr
Sumter,  SC  29150
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.