Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College
Tel: (803) 536-0311
- Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College is an associate degree-awarding two-year public institution. As an open admissions institution, we serve students with diverse backgrounds and ability levels from a primarily rural region, enrolling approximately 2,900 – 3,300 credit students and 3,000 non-credit students annually. Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College values the quality and effectiveness of our programs, promoting ethical standards in all aspects of the College’s operation.
- The teacher population of 109 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||109 staff||55 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,060 students||1,260 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,326 students||726 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,734 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,000||$28,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The history of technical education in Orangeburg and Calhoun Counties began many years before Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College officially opened in 1968. In April 2003, OCtech cut the ribbon on its new Student and Community Life Center. Located here are Student Services, Continuing Education, Planning, Development and Research offices, and the president's office. This building also features a Cyber Cafe, The Tourville Learning Lab, and meeting rooms, all of which are open to the public. Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College is presently completing extensive renovations to both the Gressette and the Williams buildings to update and to improve facilities. The college offers Associate Degree Programs in Arts, Science, Business, Computer Technology, Engineering Technology, Health Science, Industrial Technology, Occupational Technology and Public Service. Diploma programs are offered in Automated Office, Medical Office Assisting, Early Childhood Development and Practical Nursing. The college also offers various Certificate programs. Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and Associate in Applied Science degrees.
- The nearest community college to Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College is Denmark Technical College (23.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,678 students | 23.50 Mi1126 Solomon Blatt Blvd
Denmark,  SC  29042
(803) 793-5100 23.501,678
- 11,424 students | 32.60 Mi1260 Lexington Drive
West Columbia,  SC  29170
(803) 738-8324 32.6011,424
- 70 students | 37.10 Mi7500 Two Notch Road
Columbia,  SC  29223
(803) 754-7544 37.1070
- 878 students | 37.50 Mi200 Miller Rd
Sumter,  SC  29150
(803) 775-8727 37.50878
- 4,697 students | 37.60 Mi506 N Guignard Dr
Sumter,  SC  29150
(803) 778-1961 37.604,697
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.