Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College
Tel: (803) 536-0311
- Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College is an associate degree-awarding two-year public institution. As an open admissions institution, we serve students with diverse backgrounds and ability levels from a primarily rural region, enrolling approximately 2,900 – 3,300 credit students and 3,000 non-credit students annually. Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College values the quality and effectiveness of our programs, promoting ethical standards in all aspects of the College’s operation.
The teacher population of 109 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||109 staff||55 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The history of technical education in Orangeburg and Calhoun Counties began many years before Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College officially opened in 1968. In April 2003, OCtech cut the ribbon on its new Student and Community Life Center. Located here are Student Services, Continuing Education, Planning, Development and Research offices, and the president's office. This building also features a Cyber Cafe, The Tourville Learning Lab, and meeting rooms, all of which are open to the public. Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College is presently completing extensive renovations to both the Gressette and the Williams buildings to update and to improve facilities. The college offers Associate Degree Programs in Arts, Science, Business, Computer Technology, Engineering Technology, Health Science, Industrial Technology, Occupational Technology and Public Service. Diploma programs are offered in Automated Office, Medical Office Assisting, Early Childhood Development and Practical Nursing. The college also offers various Certificate programs. Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and Associate in Applied Science degrees.
The nearest community college to Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College is Denmark Technical College (23.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,678 students | 23.50 Mi1126 Solomon Blatt Blvd
Denmark,  SC  29042
(803) 793-5100 23.501,678
- 11,424 students | 32.60 Mi1260 Lexington Drive
West Columbia,  SC  29170
(803) 738-8324 32.6011,424
- 70 students | 37.10 Mi7500 Two Notch Road
Columbia,  SC  29223
(803) 754-7544 37.1070
- 878 students | 37.50 Mi200 Miller Rd
Sumter,  SC  29150
(803) 775-8727 37.50878
- 4,697 students | 37.60 Mi506 N Guignard Dr
Sumter,  SC  29150
(803) 778-1961 37.604,697
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!