Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College
Tel: (803) 536-0311
- Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College is an associate degree-awarding two-year public institution. As an open admissions institution, we serve students with diverse backgrounds and ability levels from a primarily rural region, enrolling approximately 2,900 – 3,300 credit students and 3,000 non-credit students annually. Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College values the quality and effectiveness of our programs, promoting ethical standards in all aspects of the College’s operation.
The teacher population of 109 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||109 staff||60 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The history of technical education in Orangeburg and Calhoun Counties began many years before Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College officially opened in 1968. In April 2003, OCtech cut the ribbon on its new Student and Community Life Center. Located here are Student Services, Continuing Education, Planning, Development and Research offices, and the president's office. This building also features a Cyber Cafe, The Tourville Learning Lab, and meeting rooms, all of which are open to the public. Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College is presently completing extensive renovations to both the Gressette and the Williams buildings to update and to improve facilities. The college offers Associate Degree Programs in Arts, Science, Business, Computer Technology, Engineering Technology, Health Science, Industrial Technology, Occupational Technology and Public Service. Diploma programs are offered in Automated Office, Medical Office Assisting, Early Childhood Development and Practical Nursing. The college also offers various Certificate programs. Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and Associate in Applied Science degrees.
The nearest community college to Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College is Denmark Technical College (23.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 489 students | 23.50 Mi1126 Solomon Blatt Blvd
Denmark, SC 29042
(803) 793-5100 23.50489
- 9,892 students | 32.60 Mi1260 Lexington Drive
West Columbia, SC 29170
(803) 738-8324 32.609,892
- 60 students | 37.10 Mi131 Berkshire Dr.
Columbia, SC 29223
(803) 754-7544 37.1060
- 1,110 students | 37.50 Mi200 Miller Rd
Sumter, SC 29150
(803) 775-8727 37.501,110
- 4,697 students | 37.60 Mi506 N Guignard Dr
Sumter, SC 29150
(803) 778-1961 37.604,697
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.