Cedar Valley College
- The teacher population of 132 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Cedar Valley College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||132 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,759 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||51:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,474 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,285 students||2,866 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,100||$33,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Cedar Valley College and North Lake College opened in 1977. Brookhaven, the final college in the seven-college master plan, opened in 1978. Cedar Valley College is located on more than 300 acres in southern Dallas County. Cedar Valley's award winning architecture and careful attention to landscaping have given the college a reputation for being one of the most scenic business sites in the Dallas area. The campus plan takes advantage of the site's natural beauty, which includes a gazebo and a pedestrian walk along two sides of a 17-acre lake. Cedar Valley has a 350-seat performance hall, gymnasium, baseball field, and a surgery facility and barn for the Veterinary Technology program. Cedar Valley College is located in southern Dallas County. It's one of seven colleges in the Dallas County Community College District (DCCCD). More than 4,000 students benefit from its comprehensive curriculum, which includes for credit academic transfer career programs and non-credit continuing education courses such as real estate, computer technology, foreign language and music. Cedar Valley College offers a wide range of degrees and certificate programs to choose from and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,950 students | 10.70 Mi4849 West Illinois Ave.
Dallas,  TX  75211
- 204 students | 11.40 Mi3909 S Buckner Blvd
Dallas,  TX  75227
- 10,549 students | 11.40 Mi801 Main Street
Dallas,  TX  75202
- 207 students | 13.20 Mi1950 N. Stemmons Freeway, Suite 4080 Dallas INFOMART
Dallas,  TX  75207
- 162 students | 13.90 Mi2600 Stemmons Fwy Ste 117
Dallas,  TX  75207
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.