Casa Loma College-Van Nuys
Casa Loma College-Van Nuys places among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Casa Loma College-Van Nuys||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||28 staff||97 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||6||10|
|Total Enrollment||225 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||225 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||5,903 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||225 students||1,490 students|
|# Graduate Students||6,000 students||80 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$49,900||$34,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||93%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$18,320||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,500|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Casa Loma College-Van Nuys is Los Angeles ORT College-Van Nuys Campus (0.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 317 students | 0.70 Mi14519 W.Sylvan Street
Van Nuys,  CA  91411
- 147 students | 2.10 Mi14355 Roscoe Blvd
Panorama City,  CA  91402
- 18,641 students | 2.30 Mi5800 Fulton Avenue
Van Nuys,  CA  91401
- 620 students | 3.10 Mi12412 Victory Boulevard
North Hollywood,  CA  91606
- 1,659 students | 3.40 Mi12215 Victory Boulevard
North Hollywood,  CA  91606
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.