Bridgemont Community and Technical College
Top Ranked (2022): View Rankings
Tel: (304) 734-6601
- WVU Tech was founded as Montgomery Preparatory School in 1895. Throughout our more than 100 year history, we have graduated many alumni who have gone on to have vital and productive careers in engineering, technology, business and health care. And, our engineering graduates are typically among the highest paid in their fields. WVU Tech is known for its more than 40 excellent baccalaureate programs of study – in engineering, sciences, mathematics, health care, business, humanities and social sciences. Our programs are housed in the College of Business, Humanities and Social Sciences, the Leonard C. Nelson College of Engineering and Sciences, and the Department of Nursing. We pride ourselves on an outstanding and dedicated faculty who are committed to the welfare and education of each of our students. WVU Tech makes it possible for working adults to earn a baccalaureate degree through our Regents’ Bachelor of Arts program. Students in this program take traditional college courses and may earn college-equivalent credit for work and life experiences that can be equated to college courses. We also offer a large selection of on-line courses and programs that make distance learning an integral part of what we do! WVU Tech provides opportunities for an active and positive student life with over 30 clubs and organizations, a student newspaper, Greek life, intercollegiate athletics and intramurals for men and women, music, theater, on-campus entertainment, tutoring, career planning and counseling services. Outdoor enthusiasts will find numerous nearby recreational activities including; downhill skiing, hiking, mountain biking and white water rafting.
The teacher population of 49 teachers has declined by 35% over five years.
|Bridgemont Community and Technical College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||49 staff||49 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Bridgemont Community and Technical College is Carver Career Center (14.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 177 students | 14.80 Mi4799 Midland Dr
Charleston, WV 25306
(304) 348-1965 14.80177
- 179 students | 20.30 Mi1000 Virginia St E
Charleston, WV 25301
(304) 345-2820 20.30179
- 1,689 students | 23.40 Mi2001 Union Carbide Dr
South Charleston, WV 25136
(304) 734-6600 23.401,689
- 1,573 students | 23.40 Mi2001 Union Carbide Drive
South Charleston, WV 25303
(304) 205-6600 23.401,573
- 108 students | 28.10 Mi120 New River Town Center
Beckley, WV 25801
(304) 252-9547 28.10108
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
From nuclear medicine to physical therapy, consider 10 in-demand jobs for community college graduates. With salaries ranging from $50,000 to even $100,000, opportunities are ripe for those with the right training from community colleges.