Bridgemont Community and Technical College
Tel: (304) 734-6601
- WVU Tech was founded as Montgomery Preparatory School in 1895. Throughout our more than 100 year history, we have graduated many alumni who have gone on to have vital and productive careers in engineering, technology, business and health care. And, our engineering graduates are typically among the highest paid in their fields. WVU Tech is known for its more than 40 excellent baccalaureate programs of study – in engineering, sciences, mathematics, health care, business, humanities and social sciences. Our programs are housed in the College of Business, Humanities and Social Sciences, the Leonard C. Nelson College of Engineering and Sciences, and the Department of Nursing. We pride ourselves on an outstanding and dedicated faculty who are committed to the welfare and education of each of our students. WVU Tech makes it possible for working adults to earn a baccalaureate degree through our Regents’ Bachelor of Arts program. Students in this program take traditional college courses and may earn college-equivalent credit for work and life experiences that can be equated to college courses. We also offer a large selection of on-line courses and programs that make distance learning an integral part of what we do! WVU Tech provides opportunities for an active and positive student life with over 30 clubs and organizations, a student newspaper, Greek life, intercollegiate athletics and intramurals for men and women, music, theater, on-campus entertainment, tutoring, career planning and counseling services. Outdoor enthusiasts will find numerous nearby recreational activities including; downhill skiing, hiking, mountain biking and white water rafting.
- The teacher population of 49 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bridgemont Community and Technical College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||49 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,162 students||1,060 students|
|# Full-Time Students||435 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||727 students||625 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||20||20|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2014)|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Bridgemont Community and Technical College is Carver Career Center (14.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 259 students | 14.80 Mi4799 Midland Dr
Charleston,  WV  25306
(304) 348-1965 14.80259
- 129 students | 20.30 Mi1000 Virginia St E
Charleston,  WV  25301
(304) 345-2820 20.30129
- 1,573 students | 23.40 Mi2001 Union Carbide Drive
South Charleston,  WV  25303
(304) 205-6600 23.401,573
- 331 students | 28.10 Mi120 New River Town Center
Beckley,  WV  25801
(304) 252-9547 28.10331
- 63 students | 30.10 Mi5514 Big Tyler Rd
Charleston,  WV  25313
(304) 776-6290 30.1063
To accommodate students' schedules, along with growing enrollment rates, community colleges are offering classes in the late evening. Learn more about why you may be taking midnight classes at a campus near you.
An interesting case arose this week over a community college student in North Carolina that posted a rant about a new campus policy on his Facebook page. The student was suspended for two semesters, but quickly reinstated amid a flurry of protests over his free speech rights.
We examine the advantages and disadvantages of using online classes to earn your two-year degree.