- Sierra College provides a supportive learning environment to students with diverse goals, abilities, and needs. The College's programs and services promote personal and professional success, leadership, critical thinking, civic responsibility, and innovation. Its students will become contributing citizens of the complex and changing communities in which they live and work.
- The teacher population of 421 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Sierra College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||421 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||18,565 students||7,516 students|
|# Full-Time Students||6,828 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||11,737 students||5,903 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||55||144|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,800||$34,600|
- Sierra College is a fully accredited, two-year community college located in north central California. We serve Placer, Nevada and portions of El Dorado and Sacramento counties. Our primary campus is located in Rocklin just minutes from Sacramento. Other facilities include our 105-acre Sierra College Nevada County Campus in Grass Valley, and leased centers in Roseville and Truckee. At Sierra College our focus is on student learning and high quality teaching, not research or publication. Sierra College has a national reputation based on excellence in such academic areas as Computer Science, Math, Electronics, Nursing, Early Childhood Education and many more! We are 13th of all United States community colleges in awarding Associate Degrees – 1st in California. We also have the only nationally accredited community college Student Health Center. Our courses focus on the real life application of current issues and technologies, and are primarily taught by instructors with masters degrees in their fields. Many are experts in their fields and currently working in the private sector. Quality instruction contributes to Sierra College being ranked first in Northern California in transfers to the University of California and California State University systems. Online courses are available in our Distance Learning program. These are credit courses which allow you to complete much of your college studies from your own home, using the internet or television.
- The nearest community college to Sierra College is Carrington College-Citrus Heights (8.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 517 students | 8.90 Mi7301 Greenback Lane, Ste A
Citrus Heights,  CA  95621
- 7,942 students | 9.10 Mi10 College Parkway
Folsom,  CA  95630
- 748 students | 11.40 Mi5221 Madison Ave
Sacramento,  CA  95841
- 85 students | 11.80 Mi2339 Gold Meadow Way, Suite 111
Rancho Cordova,  CA  95670
- 29,133 students | 12.30 Mi4700 College Oak Dr
Sacramento,  CA  95841