- Sierra College provides a supportive learning environment to students with diverse goals, abilities, and needs. The College's programs and services promote personal and professional success, leadership, critical thinking, civic responsibility, and innovation. Its students will become contributing citizens of the complex and changing communities in which they live and work.
- Enrollment: 17,503 students
- In-state tuition: $1,150
- Out-state tuition: $6,190
- Student:teacher ratio: 22:1
- Minority enrollment: 44%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Sierra College is a fully accredited, two-year community college located in north central California. We serve Placer, Nevada and portions of El Dorado and Sacramento counties. Our primary campus is located in Rocklin just minutes from Sacramento. Other facilities include our 105-acre Sierra College Nevada County Campus in Grass Valley, and leased centers in Roseville and Truckee. At Sierra College our focus is on student learning and high quality teaching, not research or publication. Sierra College has a national reputation based on excellence in such academic areas as Computer Science, Math, Electronics, Nursing, Early Childhood Education and many more! We are 13th of all United States community colleges in awarding Associate Degrees – 1st in California. We also have the only nationally accredited community college Student Health Center. Our courses focus on the real life application of current issues and technologies, and are primarily taught by instructors with masters degrees in their fields. Many are experts in their fields and currently working in the private sector. Quality instruction contributes to Sierra College being ranked first in Northern California in transfers to the University of California and California State University systems. Online courses are available in our Distance Learning program. These are credit courses which allow you to complete much of your college studies from your own home, using the internet or television.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Sierra College cost?
Sierra College's tuition is approximately $1,150 for In-State students and $6,190 for Out-State students.
What is Sierra College's ranking?
Sierra College ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Largest student body.