Brown Mackie College-Merrillville
- The Brown Mackie College system of schools provides higher education to traditional and nontraditional students through associate's degree, diploma, and certificate programs designed to enhance career opportunities, broaden perspectives through appropriate general education courses, develop critical and independent thinking skills, improve problem-solving abilities and develop an appreciation for lifelong and continued education.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-Merrillville||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||512 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||512 students||507 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2007)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,300||$30,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Brown Mackie College system of schools is dedicated to providing educational programs that prepare students for entry-level positions in a competitive, rapidly changing workplace. The schools offer associate's degrees and/or diplomas, and certificate programs in business, health sciences, legal studies, information technology, and electronic fields to over 7,000 students in eight states (as of fall 2004). Not all programs and degree levels are offered at all locations. The Merrillville location offers a modern, professional environment for study. The smoke-free facility includes four classrooms, library, and student lounge. The facility includes five computer laboratories with networked computers and a modern medical laboratory. The labs provide students with hands-on opportunities to apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom. Students are welcome to use those facilities when they are not in use for scheduled classes.At Brown Mackie College ? Merrillville, we pride ourselves on the close attention that our faculty and staff offer our students. With an attractive student/faculty ratio, we're able to offer lots of support and guidance to ensure our students' academic success. Our faculty and administration come to know our students personally. You'll never get lost in the crowd. Each Brown Mackie College location is licensed by the state in which it is located and is authorized to confer associate's degrees and/or diplomas and certificates. The college is an accredited member of ACICS.
- The nearest community college to Brown Mackie College-Merrillville is College of Court Reporting Inc (4.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 218 students | 4.80 Mi111 W 10th St Ste 111
Hobart,  IN  46342
- 8,559 students | 5.80 Mi1440 E 35th Ave
Gary,  IN  46409
- 4,574 students | 16.50 Mi202 South Halsted Street
Chicago Heights,  IL  60411
- 4,329 students | 17.70 Mi15800 South State Street
South Holland,  IL  60473
- 4,572 students | 21.50 Mi10001 S Woodlawn Ave
Chicago,  IL  60628
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.