Brown Mackie College-Merrillville
- The Brown Mackie College system of schools provides higher education to traditional and nontraditional students through associate's degree, diploma, and certificate programs designed to enhance career opportunities, broaden perspectives through appropriate general education courses, develop critical and independent thinking skills, improve problem-solving abilities and develop an appreciation for lifelong and continued education.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-Merrillville||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||512 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||512 students||507 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2007)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,300||$30,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Brown Mackie College system of schools is dedicated to providing educational programs that prepare students for entry-level positions in a competitive, rapidly changing workplace. The schools offer associate's degrees and/or diplomas, and certificate programs in business, health sciences, legal studies, information technology, and electronic fields to over 7,000 students in eight states (as of fall 2004). Not all programs and degree levels are offered at all locations. The Merrillville location offers a modern, professional environment for study. The smoke-free facility includes four classrooms, library, and student lounge. The facility includes five computer laboratories with networked computers and a modern medical laboratory. The labs provide students with hands-on opportunities to apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom. Students are welcome to use those facilities when they are not in use for scheduled classes.At Brown Mackie College ? Merrillville, we pride ourselves on the close attention that our faculty and staff offer our students. With an attractive student/faculty ratio, we're able to offer lots of support and guidance to ensure our students' academic success. Our faculty and administration come to know our students personally. You'll never get lost in the crowd. Each Brown Mackie College location is licensed by the state in which it is located and is authorized to confer associate's degrees and/or diplomas and certificates. The college is an accredited member of ACICS.
- The nearest community college to Brown Mackie College-Merrillville is College of Court Reporting Inc (4.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 218 students | 4.80 Mi111 W 10th St Ste 111
Hobart,  IN  46342
- 8,559 students | 5.80 Mi1440 E 35th Ave
Gary,  IN  46409
- 299 students | 10.30 Mi7833 Indianapolis Blvd
Hammond,  IN  46324
- 4,574 students | 16.50 Mi202 South Halsted Street
Chicago Heights,  IL  60411
- 4,329 students | 17.70 Mi15800 South State Street
South Holland,  IL  60473
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.