Brown Mackie College-Merrillville
- The Brown Mackie College system of schools provides higher education to traditional and nontraditional students through associate's degree, diploma, and certificate programs designed to enhance career opportunities, broaden perspectives through appropriate general education courses, develop critical and independent thinking skills, improve problem-solving abilities and develop an appreciation for lifelong and continued education.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 37% over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-Merrillville||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||512 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||512 students||507 students|
|% Two or more races||-||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.60||0.58|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,300||$31,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Brown Mackie College system of schools is dedicated to providing educational programs that prepare students for entry-level positions in a competitive, rapidly changing workplace. The schools offer associate's degrees and/or diplomas, and certificate programs in business, health sciences, legal studies, information technology, and electronic fields to over 7,000 students in eight states (as of fall 2004). Not all programs and degree levels are offered at all locations. The Merrillville location offers a modern, professional environment for study. The smoke-free facility includes four classrooms, library, and student lounge. The facility includes five computer laboratories with networked computers and a modern medical laboratory. The labs provide students with hands-on opportunities to apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom. Students are welcome to use those facilities when they are not in use for scheduled classes.At Brown Mackie College ? Merrillville, we pride ourselves on the close attention that our faculty and staff offer our students. With an attractive student/faculty ratio, we're able to offer lots of support and guidance to ensure our students' academic success. Our faculty and administration come to know our students personally. You'll never get lost in the crowd. Each Brown Mackie College location is licensed by the state in which it is located and is authorized to confer associate's degrees and/or diplomas and certificates. The college is an accredited member of ACICS.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 218 students | 4.80 Mi111 W 10th St Ste 111
Hobart,  IN  46342
- 8,559 students | 5.80 Mi1440 E 35th Ave
Gary,  IN  46409
- 299 students | 10.30 Mi7833 Indianapolis Blvd
Hammond,  IN  46324
- 4,574 students | 16.50 Mi202 South Halsted Street
Chicago Heights,  IL  60411
- 4,329 students | 17.70 Mi15800 South State Street
South Holland,  IL  60473
December 01, 2017
Learn about trending community college topics this week such as San Francisco's move toward free tuition at community colleges and the rise in hunger and homelessness among community college students across the country.
December 01, 2017
This summer will be wrapping up before we know of it, and your first semester at community college is rapidly approaching. Are you ready for it?
December 01, 2017
To encourage students to pursue higher education, some states are considering plans to offer zero-tuition programs at public community colleges. These programs could make college a reality for many young people, however, critics argue such programs would cost taxpayers a significant amount of money.