Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest
- Ivy Tech Community College prepares Indiana residents to learn, live, and work in a diverse and globally competitive environment by delivering professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education. Through its affordable, open-access education and training programs, the College enhances the development of Indiana?s citizens and communities and strengthens its economy. Ivy Tech's Corporate College offers local, affordable solutions for Indiana business and industry training needs.
The teacher population of 256 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus||Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||256 staff||119 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Ivy Tech Community College has educated students in Lake, LaPorte, Porter, Pulaski, Jasper, Newton and Starke counties since 1968. It is part of the 14-region statewide Ivy Tech Community College system - the second largest and fastest growing public higher education system in Indiana. The Gary Campus is located in Gary, IN (Lake County). The campus houses both classes and the administrative offices for the Northwest Region. While the service area of Ivy Tech Community College Northwest also includes Porter and LaPorte counties to the east and Jasper, Newton and Starke counties to the south, the largest constituency comes from Lake County. Five divisions compose the College's offerings: Business, General Education, Health Science, Public Services and Technology. For students unable to attend classes on campus, the distance education program provides options for continuing or completing degrees and certificates online. The college also offers a schedule of continuing education courses. Continuing Education courses provide personal enrichment and skill upgrades on a non-credit basis. In addition, the Gary Campus has articulated strong course and program transfer agreements with private and state colleges in and out of the state of Indiana. Ivy Tech Community College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The College is a member of the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers, the American Association of Community Colleges.
The nearest community college to Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest is College of Court Reporting Inc (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 157 students | 3.90 Mi455 West Lincolnway
Valparaiso, IN 46385
(219) 531-1459 3.90157
- 4,066 students | 15.80 Mi15800 South State Street
South Holland, IL 60473
(708) 596-2000 15.804,066
- 3,843 students | 16.60 Mi202 South Halsted Street
Chicago Heights, IL 60411
(708) 709-3500 16.603,843
- 2,177 students | 17.50 Mi10001 S Woodlawn Ave
Chicago, IL 60628
(773) 291-6100 17.502,177
- 43 students | 21.20 Mi6045 S. Kenwood Avenue
Chicago, IL 60637
(773) 834-2500 21.2043
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
From nuclear medicine to physical therapy, consider 10 in-demand jobs for community college graduates. With salaries ranging from $50,000 to even $100,000, opportunities are ripe for those with the right training from community colleges.