Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest
- Ivy Tech Community College prepares Indiana residents to learn, live, and work in a diverse and globally competitive environment by delivering professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education. Through its affordable, open-access education and training programs, the College enhances the development of Indiana?s citizens and communities and strengthens its economy. Ivy Tech's Corporate College offers local, affordable solutions for Indiana business and industry training needs.
- The teacher population of 256 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||256 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,559 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,690 students||507 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,869 students||1,299 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,800||$31,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Ivy Tech Community College has educated students in Lake, LaPorte, Porter, Pulaski, Jasper, Newton and Starke counties since 1968. It is part of the 14-region statewide Ivy Tech Community College system - the second largest and fastest growing public higher education system in Indiana. The Gary Campus is located in Gary, IN (Lake County). The campus houses both classes and the administrative offices for the Northwest Region. While the service area of Ivy Tech Community College Northwest also includes Porter and LaPorte counties to the east and Jasper, Newton and Starke counties to the south, the largest constituency comes from Lake County. Five divisions compose the College's offerings: Business, General Education, Health Science, Public Services and Technology. For students unable to attend classes on campus, the distance education program provides options for continuing or completing degrees and certificates online. The college also offers a schedule of continuing education courses. Continuing Education courses provide personal enrichment and skill upgrades on a non-credit basis. In addition, the Gary Campus has articulated strong course and program transfer agreements with private and state colleges in and out of the state of Indiana. Ivy Tech Community College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The College is a member of the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers, the American Association of Community Colleges.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 218 students | 3.90 Mi111 W 10th St Ste 111
Hobart,  IN  46342
- 512 students | 5.80 Mi1000 E 80th Place, Suite 2055
Merrillville,  IN  46410
- 299 students | 8.10 Mi7833 Indianapolis Blvd
Hammond,  IN  46324
- 4,329 students | 15.80 Mi15800 South State Street
South Holland,  IL  60473
- 4,574 students | 16.40 Mi202 South Halsted Street
Chicago Heights,  IL  60411
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.
March 11, 2018
Be surprised by the results from the first ever national community college survey, which found that students value their internet connection more than their instructors!