Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest
- Ivy Tech Community College prepares Indiana residents to learn, live, and work in a diverse and globally competitive environment by delivering professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education. Through its affordable, open-access education and training programs, the College enhances the development of Indiana?s citizens and communities and strengthens its economy. Ivy Tech's Corporate College offers local, affordable solutions for Indiana business and industry training needs.
Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest places among the top 20% of community colleges in Indiana for:
- The teacher population of 256 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||256 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,559 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,690 students||507 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,869 students||1,299 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,800||$29,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Ivy Tech Community College has educated students in Lake, LaPorte, Porter, Pulaski, Jasper, Newton and Starke counties since 1968. It is part of the 14-region statewide Ivy Tech Community College system - the second largest and fastest growing public higher education system in Indiana. The Gary Campus is located in Gary, IN (Lake County). The campus houses both classes and the administrative offices for the Northwest Region. While the service area of Ivy Tech Community College Northwest also includes Porter and LaPorte counties to the east and Jasper, Newton and Starke counties to the south, the largest constituency comes from Lake County. Five divisions compose the College's offerings: Business, General Education, Health Science, Public Services and Technology. For students unable to attend classes on campus, the distance education program provides options for continuing or completing degrees and certificates online. The college also offers a schedule of continuing education courses. Continuing Education courses provide personal enrichment and skill upgrades on a non-credit basis. In addition, the Gary Campus has articulated strong course and program transfer agreements with private and state colleges in and out of the state of Indiana. Ivy Tech Community College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The College is a member of the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers, the American Association of Community Colleges.
- The nearest community college to Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest is College of Court Reporting Inc (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 218 students | 3.90 Mi111 W 10th St Ste 111
Hobart,  IN  46342
- 512 students | 5.80 Mi1000 E 80th Place, Suite 2055
Merrillville,  IN  46410
- 299 students | 8.10 Mi7833 Indianapolis Blvd
Hammond,  IN  46324
- 4,329 students | 15.80 Mi15800 South State Street
South Holland,  IL  60473
- 4,574 students | 16.40 Mi202 South Halsted Street
Chicago Heights,  IL  60411
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.