Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest
- Ivy Tech Community College prepares Indiana residents to learn, live, and work in a diverse and globally competitive environment by delivering professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education. Through its affordable, open-access education and training programs, the College enhances the development of Indiana?s citizens and communities and strengthens its economy. Ivy Tech's Corporate College offers local, affordable solutions for Indiana business and industry training needs.
Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest serves 8,559 students (43% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 33:1 is higher than the state community college average of 23:1.
Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 58%.
- Enrollment: 8,559 students
- In-state tuition: $3,257
- Out-state tuition: $6,761
- Student:teacher ratio: 33:1
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 256 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest
(IN) Community College Avg.
Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus
Less than 2 yrs
Less than 2 years (below associate)
The student population of Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 33:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest diversity score of 1.00 is more than the state average of 0.62. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years) (Year 2010)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years) (Year 2010)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,257 is less than the state average of $3,797. The in-state tuition has grown by 15% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $6,761 is less than the state average of $8,083. The out-state tuition has grown by 19% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2010)
Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2010)
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Ivy Tech Community College has educated students in Lake, LaPorte, Porter, Pulaski, Jasper, Newton and Starke counties since 1968. It is part of the 14-region statewide Ivy Tech Community College system - the second largest and fastest growing public higher education system in Indiana. The Gary Campus is located in Gary, IN (Lake County). The campus houses both classes and the administrative offices for the Northwest Region. While the service area of Ivy Tech Community College Northwest also includes Porter and LaPorte counties to the east and Jasper, Newton and Starke counties to the south, the largest constituency comes from Lake County. Five divisions compose the College's offerings: Business, General Education, Health Science, Public Services and Technology. For students unable to attend classes on campus, the distance education program provides options for continuing or completing degrees and certificates online. The college also offers a schedule of continuing education courses. Continuing Education courses provide personal enrichment and skill upgrades on a non-credit basis. In addition, the Gary Campus has articulated strong course and program transfer agreements with private and state colleges in and out of the state of Indiana. Ivy Tech Community College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The College is a member of the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers, the American Association of Community Colleges.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest cost?
Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest's tuition is approximately $3,257 for In-State students and $6,761 for Out-State students.
Calling All Entrepreneurs! How Community Colleges Can Help You Start Your Business
Learn about the courses and resources available at your community college that can help you start the business of your dreams.
Community College Degrees for Midlife Career Changers
Learn about some of the most popular midlife career changers that you can launch with a community college degree.
ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.