South Suburban College
- The south suburbs are growing and changing, creating exciting career opportunities for trained professionals. South Suburban College provides a quality education that matches the quality of life available to residents of the south suburbs.
- The teacher population of 157 teachers has declined by 28% over five years.
|South Suburban College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||157 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,329 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,725 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,604 students||2,613 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,400||$32,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- South Suburban College main campus is located in South Holland, about 20 miles south of downtown Chicago. The Business & Career Institute is located in the College Center One office complex, directly south of SSC's main campus. The University & College Center is located in Oak Forest, about 10 miles west of the College. The college's main campus is in South Holland. Facilities include traditional classrooms and laboratories, art and photo galleries, a library, a performing arts center, a business conference center, state-of-the-art computer facilities, and a physical fitness and athletic center. With a student population of more than 9,700, the College offers courses that transfer to four-year colleges and universities, career education, special interest and community education programs, a wide range of services to meet the needs of local business, financial aid approval possible within 48 hours, telecourses & distance learning courses (video-based/interactive technology) and excellent job placement offices. In addition to the traditional high school graduate attending SSC for career education or a college transfer degree, many SSC students have returned to college to advance their careers or meet new people. These students have chosen to upgrade computer skills, study a foreign language, consider a career change, or develop a musical or artistic talent.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,574 students | 5.20 Mi202 South Halsted Street
Chicago Heights,  IL  60411
- 4,572 students | 7.60 Mi10001 S Woodlawn Ave
Chicago,  IL  60628
- 299 students | 7.70 Mi7833 Indianapolis Blvd
Hammond,  IN  46324
- 8,914 students | 11.70 Mi7500 S Pulaski Rd
Chicago,  IL  60652
- 5,313 students | 12.10 Mi6301 S Halsted St
Chicago,  IL  60621
August 09, 2018
Learn about why more students are attending community college classes with their parents.
July 16, 2018
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
July 11, 2018
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.