South Suburban College
- The south suburbs are growing and changing, creating exciting career opportunities for trained professionals. South Suburban College provides a quality education that matches the quality of life available to residents of the south suburbs.
- Enrollment: 3,366 students
- In-state tuition: $10,073
- Out-state tuition: $11,723
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 75%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- South Suburban College main campus is located in South Holland, about 20 miles south of downtown Chicago. The Business & Career Institute is located in the College Center One office complex, directly south of SSC's main campus. The University & College Center is located in Oak Forest, about 10 miles west of the College. The college's main campus is in South Holland. Facilities include traditional classrooms and laboratories, art and photo galleries, a library, a performing arts center, a business conference center, state-of-the-art computer facilities, and a physical fitness and athletic center. With a student population of more than 9,700, the College offers courses that transfer to four-year colleges and universities, career education, special interest and community education programs, a wide range of services to meet the needs of local business, financial aid approval possible within 48 hours, telecourses & distance learning courses (video-based/interactive technology) and excellent job placement offices. In addition to the traditional high school graduate attending SSC for career education or a college transfer degree, many SSC students have returned to college to advance their careers or meet new people. These students have chosen to upgrade computer skills, study a foreign language, consider a career change, or develop a musical or artistic talent.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does South Suburban College cost?
South Suburban College's tuition is approximately $10,073 for In-State students and $11,723 for Out-State students.