Brookdale Community College
- Brookdale Community College is a comprehensive, public community college providing affordable, open access for all individuals to a wide variety of high-quality associate degree and certificate programs, and coursework, for both transfer and vocational entry opportunities.
- The teacher population of 513 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brookdale Community College||(NJ) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||513 staff||234 staff|
|Total Enrollment||14,144 students||7,040 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||6,899 students||3,412 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7,245 students||3,628 students|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,300||$36,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Brookdale Community College, located in the Lincroft section of Middletown Township, is an excellent resource for residents of Monmouth County, New Jersey. The College offers associate (2-year) degrees in over 50 programs, plus noncredit classes in many areas of personal and professional interest. The College was founded in 1967 and is sponsored by the citizens of Monmouth County through the Board of Chosen Freeholders. Brookdale also operates various education sites around Monmouth County. These higher education centers offer local access to Brookdale`s credit and noncredit programs and services, as well as contributing to the economic growth of Monmouth County. In the 30+ years since Brookdale opened its doors, both the College and the County have grown tremendously. The 220-acre main campus in Lincroft today comprises 22 buildings totaling 731,353 square feet, with recent construction including Larrison Hall, the Center for the Visual Arts, the Bankier Library, and a new Student Life Center. The campus also includes a 380-seat Performing Arts Center, an Advanced Technology Center with state-of-the art television and electronic music studios, 10 athletic fields, Brookdale public radio 90.5 The Night, the Children`s Learning Center, and some 60 computer labs with about 1,600 fully networked PCs running all today`s mainstream applications. Brookdale Community College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, the accrediting agency for all colleges in the mid-Atlantic region.
- The nearest community college to Brookdale Community College is Middlesex County College (17.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 11,673 students | 17.80 Mi2600 Woodbridge Avenue
Edison,  NJ  08818
- 694 students | 19.50 Mi2 Teleport Drive, Corporate Commons Two, Suite 203
Staten Island,  NY  10311
- 19,145 students | 20.30 Mi2001 Oriental Blvd
Brooklyn,  NY  11235
- 1,546 students | 21.30 Mi630 US Hwy. One
North Brunswick,  NJ  08902
- n/a students | 22.00 Mi1213 elm ave
Brooklyn,  NY  11230
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.