Brookdale Community College
- Brookdale Community College is a comprehensive, public community college providing affordable, open access for all individuals to a wide variety of high-quality associate degree and certificate programs, and coursework, for both transfer and vocational entry opportunities.
- The teacher population of 513 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brookdale Community College||(NJ) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||513 staff||234 staff|
|Total Enrollment||14,144 students||7,040 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||6,899 students||3,412 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7,245 students||3,628 students|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,300||$36,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Brookdale Community College, located in the Lincroft section of Middletown Township, is an excellent resource for residents of Monmouth County, New Jersey. The College offers associate (2-year) degrees in over 50 programs, plus noncredit classes in many areas of personal and professional interest. The College was founded in 1967 and is sponsored by the citizens of Monmouth County through the Board of Chosen Freeholders. Brookdale also operates various education sites around Monmouth County. These higher education centers offer local access to Brookdale`s credit and noncredit programs and services, as well as contributing to the economic growth of Monmouth County. In the 30+ years since Brookdale opened its doors, both the College and the County have grown tremendously. The 220-acre main campus in Lincroft today comprises 22 buildings totaling 731,353 square feet, with recent construction including Larrison Hall, the Center for the Visual Arts, the Bankier Library, and a new Student Life Center. The campus also includes a 380-seat Performing Arts Center, an Advanced Technology Center with state-of-the art television and electronic music studios, 10 athletic fields, Brookdale public radio 90.5 The Night, the Children`s Learning Center, and some 60 computer labs with about 1,600 fully networked PCs running all today`s mainstream applications. Brookdale Community College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, the accrediting agency for all colleges in the mid-Atlantic region.
- The nearest community college to Brookdale Community College is Middlesex County College (17.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,894 students | 17.80 Mi2600 Woodbridge Avenue
Edison,  NJ  08818
- 694 students | 19.50 Mi2 Teleport Drive, Corporate Commons Two, Suite 203
Staten Island,  NY  10311
- 19,145 students | 20.30 Mi2001 Oriental Blvd
Brooklyn,  NY  11235
- 1,546 students | 21.30 Mi630 US Hwy. One
North Brunswick,  NJ  08902
- n/a students | 22.00 Mi1213 elm ave
Brooklyn,  NY  11230
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.