Bergen Community College
- Bergen Community College provides high quality, relevant, and varied educational programs and opportunities for the intellectual, cultural, and personal growth of all members of its community. The College values its role as an educational leader, embracing change and responding to the complex needs of those it serves.
- The teacher population of 589 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bergen Community College||(NJ) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||589 staff||234 staff|
|Total Enrollment||15,651 students||7,040 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||8,976 students||3,412 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,675 students||3,628 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,400||$36,100|
- Founded in 1965, Bergen Community College enrolls more than 14,000 students in Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and Associate in Applied Science degree programs, and certificate programs. More than 10,000 students are enrolled in non-credit, professional development courses through the Division of Continuing Education. The Philip J. Ciarco Learning Center, at 355 Main Street, Hackensack, offers adult basic skills, English as a Second Language, non-credit, and credit courses. Bergen Community College is a public two-year coeducational college, enrolling more than 14,000 students in degree and certificate programs. The academic programs are classified as transfer or career programs. Bergen Community College programs prepare students for transfer to four-year colleges and universities, or for immediate entry into a career. Since its inception, Bergen has offered open admissions, small classes, affordable tuition, dedicated faculty, outstanding student services, flexible scheduling, and a student centered campus. Bergen Community College is a vibrant educational community that is committed to serving Bergen County by providing rare opportunities for people of all ages to discover their talents and to realize their potential. The opening of our new Technology Education Center gave us the opportunity to showcase state-of-the-art facilities and programs to high school students and administrators, community residents, and our own faculty and students, who take great pride in the College's achievements. Our shared dream is that our students and alumni will continue to reach new goals as they become valuable members of our community. Bergen Community College also offers Certificate Programs and Certificates of Achievement which award recognition to students who successfully complete a program of specialized courses in a specific discipline.
- The nearest community college to Bergen Community College is Passaic County Community College (5.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,968 students | 5.10 MiOne College Blvd
Paterson,  NJ  07505
- 3,659 students | 6.20 Mi44 Rifle Camp Rd
Little Falls,  NJ  07424
- 710 students | 7.70 Mi10 South Franklin Turnpike
Ramsey,  NJ  07446
- 93 students | 10.00 Mi967 North Broadway-Andrus Pavillion-Saint John's Riverside, HOSP
Yonkers,  NY  10701
- 1,163 students | 11.10 Mi3755 Broadway
New York,  NY  10032