- Bergen Community College provides high quality, relevant, and varied educational programs and opportunities for the intellectual, cultural, and personal growth of all members of its community. The College values its role as an educational leader, embracing change and responding to the complex needs of those it serves.
- Enrollment: 11,409 students
- In-state tuition: $7,614
- Out-state tuition: $7,878
- Student:teacher ratio: 13:1
- Minority enrollment: 66%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Founded in 1965, Bergen Community College enrolls more than 14,000 students in Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and Associate in Applied Science degree programs, and certificate programs. More than 10,000 students are enrolled in non-credit, professional development courses through the Division of Continuing Education. The Philip J. Ciarco Learning Center, at 355 Main Street, Hackensack, offers adult basic skills, English as a Second Language, non-credit, and credit courses. Bergen Community College is a public two-year coeducational college, enrolling more than 14,000 students in degree and certificate programs. The academic programs are classified as transfer or career programs. Bergen Community College programs prepare students for transfer to four-year colleges and universities, or for immediate entry into a career. Since its inception, Bergen has offered open admissions, small classes, affordable tuition, dedicated faculty, outstanding student services, flexible scheduling, and a student centered campus. Bergen Community College is a vibrant educational community that is committed to serving Bergen County by providing rare opportunities for people of all ages to discover their talents and to realize their potential. The opening of our new Technology Education Center gave us the opportunity to showcase state-of-the-art facilities and programs to high school students and administrators, community residents, and our own faculty and students, who take great pride in the College's achievements. Our shared dream is that our students and alumni will continue to reach new goals as they become valuable members of our community. Bergen Community College also offers Certificate Programs and Certificates of Achievement which award recognition to students who successfully complete a program of specialized courses in a specific discipline.