Berkeley College-Woodland Park
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (973) 278-5400
- Berkeley College provides an all-encompassing educational experience designed to develop professional competencies and awareness for business careers and to provide the knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of our culture necessary to meet the demands of our ever-changing society.
Berkeley College-Woodland Park places among the top 20% of community colleges in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 224 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Berkeley College-Woodland Park||(NJ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||224 staff||234 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established in 1931, Berkeley College is a coeducational college specializing in business. With six locations in New York and New Jersey, USA, and students from 29 states and 88 foreign countries, Berkeley is widely recognized for its academic excellence. From the initial class of 50 students to the current combined student body of more than 5,000, growth continues at Berkeley College. Today, Berkeley College is convenient and accessible at six locations in New York and New Jersey, and plans to welcome incoming students to its newest campus in Newark, NJ in 2006. Additionally, Berkeley College's unique online learning program continues to expand as a popular alternative to the traditional classroom learning environment. The Garret Mountain campus in the West Paterson–Little Falls area of New Jersey occupies a lush, green setting atop Garret Mountain. With an idyllic view of a reservoir and surrounding suburbs, more than 1,200 day and evening students enjoy studying and relaxing on the beautiful grounds when classes are not in session. The main academic building is a modern, three-wing brick structure, which accommodates faculty and administrative offices; a library; attractively furnished, air-conditioned classrooms; as well as three computer classrooms with 80 computers. Adjacent to the Academic Center is a multi-level building which contains general purpose and computer classrooms and labs with more than 80 additional computers. Through Berkeley's recreational programs, students are able to participate in intramural and intercollegiate sports including basketball, soccer, volleyball, and softball, as well as participate in a variety of extra-curricular activities.
The nearest community college to Berkeley College-Woodland Park is Passaic County Community College (1.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,480 students | 1.30 MiOne College Blvd
Paterson,  NJ  07505
(973) 684-6800 1.306,480
- 13,352 students | 6.00 Mi400 Paramus Rd
Paramus,  NJ  07652
(201) 447-7200 6.0013,352
- 487 students | 6.50 Mi103 Park Ave
Nutley,  NJ  07110
(973) 661-0600 6.50487
- 376 students | 7.70 Mi250 Moore Street
Hackensack,  NJ  07601
(201) 489-00000000 7.70376
- 295 students | 7.80 Mi684 Newark Ave
Jersey City,  NJ  07306
(201) 217-0000000 7.80295
Learn about how the community college tuition hikes in the next year may be greater than the rate of inflation.
In light of the huge budget cuts facing California community colleges, class rationing is now on the table as one option to help schools stay in the black. Is it right, fair or even practical? We’ll explore the issue.
Learn about how some convicted criminals abused community colleges' financial aid programs and why Congress has decided to prohibit criminals from being eligible for future aid.