Berkeley College-Woodland Park
- Berkeley College provides an all-encompassing educational experience designed to develop professional competencies and awareness for business careers and to provide the knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of our culture necessary to meet the demands of our ever-changing society.
- The teacher population of 224 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Berkeley College-Woodland Park||(NJ) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||224 staff||234 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,659 students||7,040 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,066 students||3,412 students|
|# Part-Time Students||593 students||3,628 students|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,400||$36,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established in 1931, Berkeley College is a coeducational college specializing in business. With six locations in New York and New Jersey, USA, and students from 29 states and 88 foreign countries, Berkeley is widely recognized for its academic excellence. From the initial class of 50 students to the current combined student body of more than 5,000, growth continues at Berkeley College. Today, Berkeley College is convenient and accessible at six locations in New York and New Jersey, and plans to welcome incoming students to its newest campus in Newark, NJ in 2006. Additionally, Berkeley College's unique online learning program continues to expand as a popular alternative to the traditional classroom learning environment. The Garret Mountain campus in the West Paterson–Little Falls area of New Jersey occupies a lush, green setting atop Garret Mountain. With an idyllic view of a reservoir and surrounding suburbs, more than 1,200 day and evening students enjoy studying and relaxing on the beautiful grounds when classes are not in session. The main academic building is a modern, three-wing brick structure, which accommodates faculty and administrative offices; a library; attractively furnished, air-conditioned classrooms; as well as three computer classrooms with 80 computers. Adjacent to the Academic Center is a multi-level building which contains general purpose and computer classrooms and labs with more than 80 additional computers. Through Berkeley's recreational programs, students are able to participate in intramural and intercollegiate sports including basketball, soccer, volleyball, and softball, as well as participate in a variety of extra-curricular activities.
- The nearest community college to Berkeley College-Woodland Park is Passaic County Community College (1.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,968 students | 1.40 MiOne College Blvd
Paterson,  NJ  07505
- 15,651 students | 6.20 Mi400 Paramus Rd
Paramus,  NJ  07652
- n/a students | 7.90 Mi684 Newark Ave
Jersey City,  NJ  07306
- 710 students | 11.20 Mi10 South Franklin Turnpike
Ramsey,  NJ  07446
- 11,468 students | 11.30 Mi303 University Ave
Newark,  NJ  07102
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.