Berkeley College-Woodland Park
- Berkeley College provides an all-encompassing educational experience designed to develop professional competencies and awareness for business careers and to provide the knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of our culture necessary to meet the demands of our ever-changing society.
- The teacher population of 224 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Berkeley College-Woodland Park||(NJ) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||224 staff||234 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,659 students||7,040 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,066 students||3,412 students|
|# Part-Time Students||593 students||3,628 students|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,400||$36,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established in 1931, Berkeley College is a coeducational college specializing in business. With six locations in New York and New Jersey, USA, and students from 29 states and 88 foreign countries, Berkeley is widely recognized for its academic excellence. From the initial class of 50 students to the current combined student body of more than 5,000, growth continues at Berkeley College. Today, Berkeley College is convenient and accessible at six locations in New York and New Jersey, and plans to welcome incoming students to its newest campus in Newark, NJ in 2006. Additionally, Berkeley College's unique online learning program continues to expand as a popular alternative to the traditional classroom learning environment. The Garret Mountain campus in the West Paterson–Little Falls area of New Jersey occupies a lush, green setting atop Garret Mountain. With an idyllic view of a reservoir and surrounding suburbs, more than 1,200 day and evening students enjoy studying and relaxing on the beautiful grounds when classes are not in session. The main academic building is a modern, three-wing brick structure, which accommodates faculty and administrative offices; a library; attractively furnished, air-conditioned classrooms; as well as three computer classrooms with 80 computers. Adjacent to the Academic Center is a multi-level building which contains general purpose and computer classrooms and labs with more than 80 additional computers. Through Berkeley's recreational programs, students are able to participate in intramural and intercollegiate sports including basketball, soccer, volleyball, and softball, as well as participate in a variety of extra-curricular activities.
- The nearest community college to Berkeley College-Woodland Park is Passaic County Community College (1.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,968 students | 1.30 MiOne College Blvd
Paterson,  NJ  07505
- 15,651 students | 6.00 Mi400 Paramus Rd
Paramus,  NJ  07652
- n/a students | 7.80 Mi251 Washington Ave.
Belleville,  NJ  07109
- 478 students | 11.20 Mi60 Park Place, Suite 701
Newark,  NJ  07102
- 710 students | 11.30 Mi10 South Franklin Turnpike
Ramsey,  NJ  07446
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.