Baker College of Cadillac
- Baker College is the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. Our mission is to prepare you for meaningful employment. We’re proud to have a 97 percent employment rate among our available graduates. In addition, all our graduates receive Lifetime Employment Assistance—free and forever. For twenty years, the Cadillac campus has been bringing highly needed post-secondary education alternatives to northwestern Michigan. Located just outside the city on over 50 acres of rolling woods, the campus mirrors the friendly, small-town feel of the surrounding community. At the same time, this is a state-of-the-art educational institution. The Cadillac campus boasts many new and renovated labs, classrooms, and multipurpose facilities. All of them feature the latest technologies for Computing, Health Services, and other in-demand programs. At Baker, our Academic Office is designed to meet all of your academic concerns. Our counselors are trained to help you achieve your educational objectives. If you are in need of academic, career, or personal counseling we provide you with the appropriate information and resources to help achieve your academic goals.
- The teacher population of 52 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Baker College of Cadillac||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||52 staff||100 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,340 students||3,505 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||717 students||1,591 students|
|# Part-Time Students||623 students||1,914 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||32||288|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,600||$30,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Baker College of Cadillac is Northwestern Michigan College (35.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,502 students | 35.80 Mi1701 E Front St
Traverse City,  MI  49686
- 4,343 students | 36.90 Mi1375 S Clare Ave
Harrison,  MI  48625
- 1,330 students | 53.70 Mi3000 N Stiles Rd
Scottville,  MI  49454
- 1,511 students | 57.20 Mi4800 W 4 Mile Road
Grayling,  MI  49738
- 1,832 students | 71.50 Mi2800 College Dr
Sidney,  MI  48885
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.