Kirtland Community College
- Kirtland Community College is the largest community college geographically in the state of Michigan covering approximately 2,500 square miles and servicing all of Crawford, Ogemaw, Oscoda and Roscommon counties and parts of five additional surrounding counties. Kirtland has locations in Gaylord - MTEC, Grayling (our new Health Sciences Center and Michigan Forest Products Institute) and Roscommon, in addition to offering courses online.
- Students flock to National Manufacturing Day events - 10/26/2017 - Northern Michigan high-school students recently took advantage of events created by key players in the skilled-trades movement - commonly referred to as professional trades.
- State Farm donates car to Kirtland auto tech program - 12/13/2017 - State Farm donated a Dodge Avenger to the Kirtland Community College automotive department earlier this month.
- Kirtland Regional Police Academy recognizes 45th graduating class - 12/20/2017 - The Kirtland Regional Policy Academy (KRPA) recently recognized its 45th graduating class. Eight academy cadets were joined by family, friends and staff at the Kirtland Grayling Community Center to honor both group and individual accomplishments.
- Gaylord students weld new stool for morning radio host - 06/05/2018 - The students had everything they needed because they are in the dual-enrollment program between GHS and Kirtland.
- Kirtland golf team outplays expectations - 06/05/2018 - Kirtland Community College`s golf team surprised everyone except their coach at regionals at the Bedford Valley Golf Course in Battle Creek earlier this month.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has declined by 63% over five years.
|Kirtland Community College||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||28 staff||100 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,528 students||3,505 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||55:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||499 students||1,591 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,029 students||1,914 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,700||$31,100|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Bowling, Cross Country, GolfBowling, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Biology Club, Criminal Justice Club, Hot Rod Automotive Club, Phi Theta Kappa, Service Learning, Veterans Helping Veterans
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Student Wellness Group
- Kirtland Community College was founded in 1966. Kirtland offers over 30 degree and certificate programs including transfer degree programs. Kirtland competes in intercollegiate athletics as a member of the Eastern Conference of the Michigan Community College Athletic Association. The Kirtland Firebirds compete in bowling, golf and cross-country. Kirtland Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The college also holds membership in the Michigan Community College Association and the American Association of Community Colleges. Kirtland has locations in Gaylord, Grayling (our new Health Sciences Center and Michigan Forest Products Institute) and Roscommon, in addition to offering courses online.
- The nearest community college to Kirtland Community College is Mid Michigan Community College (40.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,343 students | 40.00 Mi1375 S Clare Ave
Harrison,  MI  48625
- 1,340 students | 50.40 Mi9600 E 13th St
Cadillac,  MI  49601
- 4,502 students | 60.90 Mi1701 E Front St
Traverse City,  MI  49686
- 1,636 students | 62.50 Mi665 Johnson St
Alpena,  MI  49707
- 2,527 students | 65.90 Mi1515 Howard St
Petoskey,  MI  49770