Kirtland Community College
Kirtland Community College Photo #8 - Kirtland automotive program with a new Dodge Avenger donated by State Farm Insurance.
- Kirtland Community College is the largest community college geographically in the state of Michigan covering approximately 2,500 square miles and servicing all of Crawford, Ogemaw, Oscoda and Roscommon counties and parts of five additional surrounding counties. Kirtland has locations in Gaylord - MTEC, Grayling (our new Health Sciences Center and Michigan Forest Products Institute) and Roscommon, in addition to offering courses online.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has declined by 9% over five years.
|Kirtland Community College||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||28 staff||100 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,528 students||3,505 students|
|# Full-Time Students||499 students||1,591 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,029 students||1,914 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,700||$30,600|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Bowling, Cross Country, GolfBowling, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Biology Club, Criminal Justice Club, Hot Rod Automotive Club, Phi Theta Kappa, Service Learning, Veterans Helping Veterans
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Student Wellness Group
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Kirtland Community College was founded in 1966. Kirtland offers over 30 degree and certificate programs including transfer degree programs. Kirtland competes in intercollegiate athletics as a member of the Eastern Conference of the Michigan Community College Athletic Association. The Kirtland Firebirds compete in bowling, golf and cross-country. Kirtland Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The college also holds membership in the Michigan Community College Association and the American Association of Community Colleges. Kirtland has locations in Gaylord, Grayling (our new Health Sciences Center and Michigan Forest Products Institute) and Roscommon, in addition to offering courses online.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Kirtland Community College is Mid Michigan Community College (40.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,343 students | 40.00 Mi1375 S Clare Ave
Harrison,  MI  48625
- 1,340 students | 50.40 Mi9600 E 13th St
Cadillac,  MI  49601
- 4,502 students | 60.90 Mi1701 E Front St
Traverse City,  MI  49686
- 1,636 students | 62.50 Mi665 Johnson St
Alpena,  MI  49707
- 2,527 students | 65.90 Mi1515 Howard St
Petoskey,  MI  49770
Take advantage of career opportunities in the field of radio broadcasting by starting your training at your local community college.
Being a single parent is difficult (and expensive) but it shouldn't stop you from furthering your education. Read on to learn how to pay for community college as a single parent.
If you're preparing to apply to college, use your summer wisely and complete a few college visits. Read on to learn how to plan and how to get the most from each visit.