Kirtland Community College
Kirtland Community College Photo #7 - Kirtland automotive program with a new Dodge Avenger donated by State Farm Insurance.
Kirtland Community College Photo #9 - Kirtland - Grayling, Health Science Center and Michigan Forest Products Institute buildings.
- Kirtland Community College is the largest community college geographically in the state of Michigan covering approximately 2,500 square miles and servicing all of Crawford, Ogemaw, Oscoda and Roscommon counties and parts of five additional surrounding counties. Kirtland has locations in Gaylord - MTEC, Grayling (our new Health Sciences Center and Michigan Forest Products Institute) and Roscommon, in addition to offering courses online.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has declined by 16% over five years.
|Kirtland Community College||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||26 staff||100 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,511 students||3,505 students|
|# Full-Time Students||469 students||1,591 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,042 students||1,914 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,700||$30,600|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Bowling, Cross Country, GolfBowling, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Biology Club, Criminal Justice Club, Hot Rod Automotive Club, Phi Theta Kappa, Service Learning, Veterans Helping Veterans
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Student Wellness Group
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Kirtland Community College was founded in 1966. Kirtland offers over 30 degree and certificate programs including transfer degree programs. Kirtland competes in intercollegiate athletics as a member of the Eastern Conference of the Michigan Community College Athletic Association. The Kirtland Firebirds compete in bowling, golf and cross-country. Kirtland Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The college also holds membership in the Michigan Community College Association and the American Association of Community Colleges. Kirtland has locations in Gaylord, Grayling (our new Health Sciences Center and Michigan Forest Products Institute) and Roscommon, in addition to offering courses online.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Kirtland Community College is North Central Michigan College (48.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,527 students | 48.70 Mi1515 Howard St
Petoskey,  MI  49770
- 1,636 students | 53.90 Mi665 Johnson St
Alpena,  MI  49707
- 4,502 students | 55.90 Mi1701 E Front St
Traverse City,  MI  49686
- 4,343 students | 56.60 Mi1375 S Clare Ave
Harrison,  MI  48625
- 1,340 students | 57.20 Mi9600 E 13th St
Cadillac,  MI  49601
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.