Kirtland Community College
Tel: (989) 275-5000
Kirtland Community College Photo #7 - Kirtland automotive program with a new Dodge Avenger donated by State Farm Insurance.
Kirtland Community College Photo #9 - Kirtland - Grayling, Health Science Center and Michigan Forest Products Institute buildings.
- Kirtland Community College is the largest community college geographically in the state of Michigan covering approximately 2,500 square miles and servicing all of Crawford, Ogemaw, Oscoda and Roscommon counties and parts of five additional surrounding counties. Kirtland has locations in Gaylord - MTEC, Grayling (our new Health Sciences Center and Michigan Forest Products Institute) and Roscommon, in addition to offering courses online.
- Kirtland Community College Welcomes Students Back On Campus in Soft Reopening - 07/20/2020 - Summer re-opening; COVID-19 safety measures.
- New National Accreditation Strengthens Kirtland's Nursing Program - 07/20/2020 - Kirtland Community College strengthened its leadership role in healthcare education with a new national accreditation. The Kirtland Community College associate degree in nursing program is now accredited by the National ...moreLeague for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLN CNEA). This accreditation opens doors for Kirtland graduates at additional clinical sites in the area, and with employers statewide and across the country who require national accreditation, including with Veterans Affairs. hide
The teacher population of 22 teachers has declined by 21% over five years.
|Kirtland Community College||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||22 staff||103 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Bowling, Cross Country, GolfBowling, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Biology Club, Criminal Justice Club, Hot Rod Automotive Club, Phi Theta Kappa, Service Learning, Veterans Helping Veterans
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Student Wellness Group
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Kirtland Community College was founded in 1966. Kirtland offers over 30 degree and certificate programs including transfer degree programs. Kirtland competes in intercollegiate athletics as a member of the Eastern Conference of the Michigan Community College Athletic Association. The Kirtland Firebirds compete in bowling, golf and cross-country. Kirtland Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The college also holds membership in the Michigan Community College Association and the American Association of Community Colleges. Kirtland has locations in Gaylord, Grayling (our new Health Sciences Center and Michigan Forest Products Institute) and Roscommon, in addition to offering courses online.
Profile last updated:
The nearest community college to Kirtland Community College is North Central Michigan College (48.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,329 students | 48.50 Mi1515 Howard St
Petoskey,  MI  49770
(231) 348-6600 48.502,329
- 1,429 students | 53.70 Mi665 Johnson St
Alpena,  MI  49707
(989) 356-9021 53.701,429
- 3,727 students | 55.80 Mi1701 E Front St
Traverse City,  MI  49686
(231) 995-1000 55.803,727
- 1,340 students | 57.20 Mi9600 E 13th St
Cadillac,  MI  49601
(231) 876-3101 57.201,340
- 3,802 students | 57.20 Mi1375 S Clare Ave
Harrison,  MI  48625
(989) 386-6622 57.203,802
Learn about how the community college tuition hikes in the next year may be greater than the rate of inflation.
In light of the huge budget cuts facing California community colleges, class rationing is now on the table as one option to help schools stay in the black. Is it right, fair or even practical? We’ll explore the issue.
Learn about how some convicted criminals abused community colleges' financial aid programs and why Congress has decided to prohibit criminals from being eligible for future aid.