Aviation Institute of Maintenance-Chesapeake
- The Associate of Occupational Science in Aviation Maintenance Technology is designed to not only provide you with the proper knowledge and skill levels to excel in aviation maintenance but you will earn a degree. That degree may lead to job advancement in the future. This training provides you with the proper knowledge and skill levels required to pass the tests administered by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Aviation Maintenance Technical Engineer (AMTE) Program prepares students for the airframe and powerplant FAA license exam and additionally the avionics program for FCC licensing exam. Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) Program is designed to provide our students with the proper knowledge and skill levels to excel in their chosen career field as an AMT or as a service technician. This training prepares our students with the proper knowledge and skill levels required to pass the the test administered by the (FAA) to gain entry level employment in aviation and other maintenance fields as inspectors, installers, parts managers, equipment or service technicians. Avionics Technician Program – Provides students with the theory and knowledge needed to test, maintain and repair electrical and electronic systems used in aircraft navigation, communications and flight control systems and also prepares students for the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) licensing examination.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 34% over five years.
|Aviation Institute of Maintenance-Chesapeake||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||236 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||37:1|
|# Full-Time Students||226 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||10 students||860 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.68||0.62|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,400||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 671 students | 2.30 Mi825 Greenbrier Circle Suite 100
Chesapeake,  VA  23320
- 131 students | 2.40 Mi932 B Ventures Way
Chesapeake,  VA  23320
- 27,646 students | 5.10 Mi121 College Place
Norfolk,  VA  23510
- 315 students | 6.40 Mi6300 Center Dr Bldg 22
Norfolk,  VA  23502
- 717 students | 6.50 Mi5700 Southern Blvd Ste 100
Virginia Beach,  VA  23462
October 22, 2017
Learn about the changing tide in male enrollment at community colleges, as well as the catalysts behind the increase in men on campus.
October 20, 2017
When you first start college you may be overwhelmed by the newness of it. But keep these common mistakes in mind as you go through your first year to make sure that you are properly setup for the rest of your college career and your life thereafter.
October 09, 2017
Forget the degree! Many community college students are landing good jobs with just a community college professional certificate.