Aviation Institute of Maintenance-Chesapeake
Tel: (757) 363-2121
- The Associate of Occupational Science in Aviation Maintenance Technology is designed to not only provide you with the proper knowledge and skill levels to excel in aviation maintenance but you will earn a degree. That degree may lead to job advancement in the future. This training provides you with the proper knowledge and skill levels required to pass the tests administered by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Aviation Maintenance Technical Engineer (AMTE) Program prepares students for the airframe and powerplant FAA license exam and additionally the avionics program for FCC licensing exam. Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) Program is designed to provide our students with the proper knowledge and skill levels to excel in their chosen career field as an AMT or as a service technician. This training prepares our students with the proper knowledge and skill levels required to pass the the test administered by the (FAA) to gain entry level employment in aviation and other maintenance fields as inspectors, installers, parts managers, equipment or service technicians. Avionics Technician Program – Provides students with the theory and knowledge needed to test, maintain and repair electrical and electronic systems used in aircraft navigation, communications and flight control systems and also prepares students for the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) licensing examination.
Aviation Institute of Maintenance-Chesapeake places among the top 20% of community colleges in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Aviation Institute of Maintenance-Chesapeake||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||236 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||226 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||10 students||860 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,400||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Aviation Institute of Maintenance-Chesapeake is Everest College-Chesapeake (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 671 students | 2.20 Mi825 Greenbrier Circle Suite 100
Chesapeake,  VA  23320
(757) 361-3900 2.20671
- 131 students | 2.40 Mi932 B Ventures Way
Chesapeake,  VA  23320
(757) 549-2121 2.40131
- 27,646 students | 5.10 Mi121 College Place
Norfolk,  VA  23510
(757) 822-1122 5.1027,646
- 315 students | 6.40 Mi6300 Center Dr Bldg 22
Norfolk,  VA  23502
(757) 499-5447 6.40315
- 717 students | 6.50 Mi5700 Southern Blvd Ste 100
Virginia Beach,  VA  23462
(757) 490-1241 6.50717
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.