- Assumption College for Sisters exists to educate women called to a life of consecration to God and of service in the Roman Catholic Church. It provides a value-centered, two-year program in theology and the liberal arts. The College welcomes women religious of any racial or ethnic background. In addition, any woman who is seriously discerning religious life and is recommended by a vocation director or spiritual director may also enroll, though she is not yet part of a religious community or a formal formation program.
Assumption College for Sisters serves 55 students (40% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 is lower than the state community college average of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 60% of the student body (majority Asian), which is more than the state average of 56%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 55 students
- Private-state tuition: $5,383
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 7:1
- Minority enrollment: 60%
- Source: Verified school update
Assumption College for Sisters ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New Jersey for:
The teacher population of 8 teachers has grown by 100% over five years.
Assumption College for Sisters
(NJ) Community College Avg.
Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Traditional
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Assumption College for Sisters has grown by 17% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Assumption College for Sisters diversity score of 0.81 is more than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has grown by 20% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $5,383 is less than the state average of $16,268. The private state tuition has declined by 5% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
We currently charge $172/credit.
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Conveniently located in a facility about fifty miles from New York City and about twice that distance from Philadelphia, ACS faculty members enrich themselves and their students through visits to museums and attendance at conventions, workshops, and lectures. Administrative collaboration with neighboring colleges allows students to take advantage of resources and cultural enrichment not available at ACS. Assumption College for Sisters exists to educate women called to a life of consecration to God and of service in the Roman Catholic Church. It provides a value-centered, two-year program in theology and the liberal arts. The College welcomes women religious of any racial or ethnic background. In addition, any woman who is seriously discerning religious life and is recommended by a vocation director or spiritual director may also enroll, though she is not yet part of a religious community or a formal formation program. Assumption College for Sisters has existed for over 50 years to minister to the spiritual and academic needs particularly of women religious. The College awards two degrees: the Associate in Arts and the Associate in Religious Arts. Students can also earn a Certificate in Theological Studies. Assumption College for Sisters merited accreditation by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools in 1965. The Commission on Higher Education renewed this status in 1975, 1985, 1995 and 2005.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Assumption College for Sisters cost?
Assumption College for Sisters's private state tuition is approximately $5,383.
What is the acceptance rate of Assumption College for Sisters?
The acceptance rate of Assumption College for Sisters is 100%, which is higher than the state average of 89%.
What is Assumption College for Sisters's ranking?
Assumption College for Sisters ranks among the top 20% of community college in New Jersey for: Diversity in US community colleges and Highest completion rates.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.