- FSCC takes pride in being the oldest continuous community college in the state of Kansas, founded in 1919. At Fort Scott Community College, our students are part of our large family. The college's employees and board members strive to help students acheive their educational goals while maintaining the small town atmosphere that Fort Scottis famous for.
- Enrollment: 1,617 students
- In-state tuition: $2,760
- Out-state tuition: $4,440
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 18%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The rich historical tapestry of Fort Scott and Southeast Kansas are a part of the classroom experience at FSCC. With courses in United States history, History of Civilization, History of American Sports, the American West, on campus and online classes, FSCC is the place to explore what history has to offer! History instruction at Fort Scott Community College is designed to meet the general education requirements in four-year schools as well as to provide the student a basic foundation for liberal arts and social science courses. Fort Scott Community College gives student the opportunity to participate in a variety of extracurricular activities. The four-week Commercial Truck Driving Program at Fort Scott Community College will allow students to earn 11 hours of college credit in preparation for the Commercial Driving License (CDL) examination for operating vehicles in interstate commerce.