- Alamance Community College promotes an open door to high quality education and learning. Central to this mission is the belief in the incomparable worth and uniqueness of each human being. Accordingly, Alamance Community College strives to help people realize their potential and attain an education which is personally meaningful, relevant to the needs of the community and state, and responsive to significant global trends.
- Enrollment: 4,037 students
- In-state tuition: $2,175
- Out-state tuition: $7,935
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 43%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Alamance Community College was established in 1958 as part of a statewide system known as industrial education centers. Through the cooperative efforts of the State Department of Trade and Industrial Education and the school systems of Alamance County and Burlington, Burlington-Alamance County Industrial Education Center was begun. In June 1996, the college opened a new 49,535-square-foot science and technology building on the main campus in Graham. The building includes multipurpose classrooms, laboratories, and offices. The building was made possible through funding from both the North Carolina Community College Construction Bonds and appropriations from the Alamance County Commissioners. In August 2001, the college opened the 20,000 square-foot Burlington Center at the Burlington Market Shopping Center. ACC offers many program options for students wanting to earn associate degrees, diplomas, or certificates. Students may choose from curriculum areas of business, health and public services, and industrial and graphics technologies, or complete course work for transfer to a four-year college or university. We have many programs to offer not found everywhere such as Animal Care, Biotechnology, Culinary Technology, Horticulture,and Dental Assisting. The faculty and staff of Alamance Community College are proud of our tradition of providing educational opportunities to meet the needs of a diverse population and an ever-changing workplace. The college provides Adult Basic Education (ABE), Adult High School, Compensatory Education, General Educational Development (GED), and English as a Second Language (ESL) programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Alamance Community College cost?
View the Alamance Community College yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
- Event Date
- Last day to drop with a WP for 1st 8 wk courses September 27, 2023 (Wednesday)
- Fall Break October 10, 2023 (Tuesday)
- Last day to drop with a WP for 16 wk courses November 15, 2023 (Wednesday)
- Last day to drop with WP for 12 wk courses November 29, 2023 (Wednesday)
- Last day to apply for Fall graduation December 05, 2023 (Tuesday)