York County Community College
- The mission of York County Community College is to serve the citizens of York County by providing education to individuals leading to jobs, transfer opportunities, and self-fulfillment, training for business and industry to develop a highly qualified workforce, and participation in economic development initiatives for York County and the State of Maine.
- Enrollment: 1,575 students
- In-state tuition: $3,480
- Out-state tuition: $6,180
- Student:teacher ratio: 18:1
- Minority enrollment: 17%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- York County Technical College (YCTC) was created when the 116th State Legislature appropriated operational dollars to fund “An Act to Establish York County Technical College” in spring 1994. YCTC became the seventh technical college of the statewide Maine Technical College System (MCTS), which operates under the governance of its own board of trustees. On July 1, 2003 York County Technical College along with the rest of the Maine Technical College System became a comprehensive Community College, known thereafter as York County Community College (YCCC). York County Community College is located at 112 College Drive in Wells, Maine. The two-story 77,000 square foot building sits on 84 wooded acres of land. The campus is accessible from Route 1, Route 109 and the Maine Turnpike, Exit 19. College Drive is located off of Chapel Road. York County Community College offers numerous programs of study. They include Associate in Applied Science (AAS), Associate in Science (AS), and Associate in Arts (AA) degrees and a wide variety of certificates. All programs of study include courses in the technical areas and General Education. The Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degrees are designed to permit the student to transfer to four-year colleges and universities. York County Community College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, a non-governmental, nationally recognized organization whose affiliated institutions include elementary schools through collegiate institutions offering post-graduate instruction.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does York County Community College cost?
York County Community College's tuition is approximately $3,480 for In-State students and $6,180 for Out-State students.
What is York County Community College's ranking?
York County Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Maine for: Least debt for graduating students.