- The mission of York County Community College is to serve the citizens of York County by providing education to individuals leading to jobs, transfer opportunities, and self-fulfillment, training for business and industry to develop a highly qualified workforce, and participation in economic development initiatives for York County and the State of Maine.
York County Community College serves 1,575 students (22% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 17% of the student body (majority Asian), which is more than the state average of 15%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,575 students
- In-state tuition: $3,480
- Out-state tuition: $6,180
- Student:teacher ratio: 18:1
- Minority enrollment: 17%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
York County Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Maine for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 89 teachers has grown by 36% over five years.
York County Community College
(ME) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of York County Community College has declined by 7% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The York County Community College diversity score of 0.31 is more than the state average of 0.27. The school's diversity has declined by 28% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,480 is less than the state average of $4,020. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $6,180 is less than the state average of $7,666. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- York County Technical College (YCTC) was created when the 116th State Legislature appropriated operational dollars to fund “An Act to Establish York County Technical College” in spring 1994. YCTC became the seventh technical college of the statewide Maine Technical College System (MCTS), which operates under the governance of its own board of trustees. On July 1, 2003 York County Technical College along with the rest of the Maine Technical College System became a comprehensive Community College, known thereafter as York County Community College (YCCC). York County Community College is located at 112 College Drive in Wells, Maine. The two-story 77,000 square foot building sits on 84 wooded acres of land. The campus is accessible from Route 1, Route 109 and the Maine Turnpike, Exit 19. College Drive is located off of Chapel Road. York County Community College offers numerous programs of study. They include Associate in Applied Science (AAS), Associate in Science (AS), and Associate in Arts (AA) degrees and a wide variety of certificates. All programs of study include courses in the technical areas and General Education. The Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degrees are designed to permit the student to transfer to four-year colleges and universities. York County Community College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, a non-governmental, nationally recognized organization whose affiliated institutions include elementary schools through collegiate institutions offering post-graduate instruction.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does York County Community College cost?
York County Community College's tuition is approximately $3,480 for In-State students and $6,180 for Out-State students.
What is York County Community College's ranking?
York County Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Maine for: Least debt for graduating students.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.