York County Community College
- The mission of York County Community College is to serve the citizens of York County by providing education to individuals leading to jobs, transfer opportunities, and self-fulfillment, training for business and industry to develop a highly qualified workforce, and participation in economic development initiatives for York County and the State of Maine.
The teacher population of 65 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|York County Community College||(ME) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||65 staff||65 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- York County Technical College (YCTC) was created when the 116th State Legislature appropriated operational dollars to fund “An Act to Establish York County Technical College” in spring 1994. YCTC became the seventh technical college of the statewide Maine Technical College System (MCTS), which operates under the governance of its own board of trustees. On July 1, 2003 York County Technical College along with the rest of the Maine Technical College System became a comprehensive Community College, known thereafter as York County Community College (YCCC). York County Community College is located at 112 College Drive in Wells, Maine. The two-story 77,000 square foot building sits on 84 wooded acres of land. The campus is accessible from Route 1, Route 109 and the Maine Turnpike, Exit 19. College Drive is located off of Chapel Road. York County Community College offers numerous programs of study. They include Associate in Applied Science (AAS), Associate in Science (AS), and Associate in Arts (AA) degrees and a wide variety of certificates. All programs of study include courses in the technical areas and General Education. The Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degrees are designed to permit the student to transfer to four-year colleges and universities. York County Community College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, a non-governmental, nationally recognized organization whose affiliated institutions include elementary schools through collegiate institutions offering post-graduate instruction.
The nearest community college to York County Community College is Great Bay Community College (19.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,887 students | 19.30 Mi320 Corporate Drive
Portsmouth,  NH  03801
(603) 427-7600 19.301,887
- 5,789 students | 29.90 Mi2 Fort Road
South Portland,  ME  04106
(207) 741-5500 29.905,789
- 5,233 students | 42.10 Mi100 Elliott Street
Haverhill,  MA  01830
(978) 556-3000 42.105,233
- 729 students | 46.00 Mi379 Belmont Road
Laconia,  NH  03246
(603) 524-3207 46.00729
- 3,478 students | 47.70 Mi31 College Drive
Concord,  NH  03301
(603) 271-6484 47.703,478
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.
Can pre-teens enroll in community college? A 12-year-old in Florida recently went to court when the local community college wouldn’t allow her to dual-enroll because she was too young. In California, a child prodigy is about to graduate from UCLA after starting at community college at the age of eight.
Explore a proposal by the governor of Massachusetts to coordinate the state’s 15 community colleges. There are strong feelings on both sides of the issue to consider.