Northern Essex Community College
- The mission of Northern Essex Community College is to serve the people of the Greater Merrimack Valley as a caring and comprehensive center of educational excellence that offers high quality, affordable adult and post secondary education through the Associate Degree level, as well as a broad range of occupational programs and community services which enhance the social, cultural and economic life of the region.
- The teacher population of 284 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Northern Essex Community College||(MA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||284 staff||96 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,963 students||3,428 students|
|# Full-Time Students||2,298 students||1,076 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,665 students||2,352 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,700||$35,500|
- Northern Essex is located in the Merrimack Valley in northeastern Massachusetts, just a few miles from the New Hampshire border, our mission is to provide access to quality higher education at an affordable cost. We offer post secondary education through the associate degree level, including career programs in areas such as nursing and allied health, computers, criminal justice, paralegal studies, and deaf studies and dozens of transfer programs for students who want to start at Northern Essex and transfer for their junior and senior years, eventually earning a bachelor's degree or higher. Excellent facilities, solid academic support services and a dynamic student activity program are part of the educational opportunities available at Northern Essex. Flexible scheduling and the option of completing your degree or certificate at your own pace are hallmarks of a Northern Essex education. Northern Essex Community College is justifiably proud of the quality of education and services we offer to our students. Each year over 15,000 individuals study at Northern Essex either full- or part-time. We have a teaching faculty who concentrate their education, experience and effort in the classroom. When your education is completed, you will have the skills needed to join the thousands of Northern Essex graduates who have transferred successfully to baccalaureate programs, or who have become a part of the highly skilled business, industrial and professional work force for which New England is famous.
- The nearest community college to Northern Essex Community College is North Shore Community College (14.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 7,412 students | 14.80 Mi1 Ferncroft Rd
Danvers,  MA  01923
- 2,079 students | 22.80 Mi320 Corporate Dr
Portsmouth,  NH  03801
- 9,205 students | 23.10 MiSprings Rd
Bedford,  MA  01730
- 277 students | 24.20 Mi35 Little/'/s Point Rd
Swampscott,  MA  01907
- 2,184 students | 24.20 Mi505 Amherst St
Nashua,  NH  03063