Great Bay Community College
- The teacher population of 114 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Great Bay Community College||(NH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||114 staff||114 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,079 students||2,045 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||17:1|
|# Full-Time Students||578 students||578 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,501 students||1,467 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,900||$40,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Great Bay Community College is York County Community College (19.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,699 students | 19.40 Mi112 College Drive
Wells,  ME  04090
- 6,963 students | 22.80 Mi100 Elliott Street
Haverhill,  MA  01830
- 7,412 students | 34.40 Mi1 Ferncroft Rd
Danvers,  MA  01923
- 3,455 students | 34.50 Mi1066 Front St
Manchester,  NH  03102
- 4,288 students | 38.20 Mi31 College Drive
Concord,  NH  03301
Against massive budget cuts, community colleges have been forced to take drastic measures, including cutting entire programs ranging from the culinary arts to athletics.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.