Lakes Region Community College
Lakes Region Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in New Hampshire for:
- The teacher population of 82 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lakes Region Community College||(NH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||82 staff||114 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,183 students||2,045 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||17:1|
|# Full-Time Students||460 students||578 students|
|# Part-Time Students||723 students||1,467 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,200||$40,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Lakes Region Community College is NHTI-Concord's Community College (20.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,288 students | 20.70 Mi31 College Drive
Concord,  NH  03301
- 3,455 students | 34.50 Mi1066 Front St
Manchester,  NH  03102
- 1,009 students | 44.40 MiOne College Place
Claremont,  NH  03743
- 2,079 students | 45.40 Mi320 Corporate Dr
Portsmouth,  NH  03801
- 1,699 students | 46.20 Mi112 College Drive
Wells,  ME  04090
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.