- Welcome to the friendliest college in the west, where education works for everyone. Recognized for its academic excellence in combination with affordable prices and beautiful setting in the mountains of central Arizona, Yavapai College is the best choice for students seeking a rich, rewarding educational experience.
Yavapai College serves 6,009 students (24% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 44% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 55%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 6,009 students
- In-state tuition: $1,896
- Out-state tuition: $8,088
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 44%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 523 teachers has grown by 273% over five years.
(AZ) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Yavapai College has declined by 18% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five years.
The Yavapai College diversity score of 0.65 is less than the state average of 0.67. The school's diversity has grown by 9% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $1,896 is more than the state average of $1,844. The in-state tuition has declined by 16% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $8,088 is more than the state average of $7,206. The out-state tuition has declined by 9% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Yavapai College is committed to teaching excellence and student learning. It provides a safe-learning environment supported by a comprehensive program of student and academic support services. Instructors are committed to instructional excellence, professional development, student learning, and innovative approaches to teaching, using outcomes assessment and appropriate technological support. Yavapai College's Performance Hall offers year-round entertainment while the Prescott Fine Arts Association and other smaller theaters provide artistic performances for a refined audience. Art galleries help to promote local artists as well as visiting artists who thrive on the creative atmosphere of Prescott. The new Gateway Mall offers a big town shopping experience for the Central Arizona region.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Yavapai College cost?
Yavapai College's tuition is approximately $1,896 for In-State students and $8,088 for Out-State students.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.