- Welcome to the friendliest college in the west, where education works for everyone. Recognized for its academic excellence in combination with affordable prices and beautiful setting in the mountains of central Arizona, Yavapai College is the best choice for students seeking a rich, rewarding educational experience.
- The teacher population of 140 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Yavapai College||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||140 staff||66 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,842 students||6,476 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||56:1||39:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,029 students||1,336 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,813 students||5,140 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||216||337|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,100||$31,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Yavapai College is committed to teaching excellence and student learning. It provides a safe-learning environment supported by a comprehensive program of student and academic support services. Instructors are committed to instructional excellence, professional development, student learning, and innovative approaches to teaching, using outcomes assessment and appropriate technological support. Yavapai College's Performance Hall offers year-round entertainment while the Prescott Fine Arts Association and other smaller theaters provide artistic performances for a refined audience. Art galleries help to promote local artists as well as visiting artists who thrive on the creative atmosphere of Prescott. The new Gateway Mall offers a big town shopping experience for the Central Arizona region.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,607 students | 62.90 Mi2800 S. Lone Tree Rd.
Flagstaff,  AZ  86005
- 8,909 students | 66.80 Mi18401 N 32nd St
Phoenix,  AZ  85032
- 648 students | 67.80 Mi13430 N Black Canyon Ste. 190
Phoenix,  AZ  85029
- 20,506 students | 69.20 Mi6000 W Olive Ave
Glendale,  AZ  85302
- 630 students | 69.80 Mi4425 W Olive Avenue Suite 300
Glendale,  AZ  85302
A new study by the Massachusetts Teachers Association has urged the state to hire more full-time faculty members at community colleges after uncovering a host of issues related to a growing adjunct faculty at these schools.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.