- Welcome to the friendliest college in the west, where education works for everyone. Recognized for its academic excellence in combination with affordable prices and beautiful setting in the mountains of central Arizona, Yavapai College is the best choice for students seeking a rich, rewarding educational experience.
The teacher population of 140 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Yavapai College||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||140 staff||66 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Yavapai College is committed to teaching excellence and student learning. It provides a safe-learning environment supported by a comprehensive program of student and academic support services. Instructors are committed to instructional excellence, professional development, student learning, and innovative approaches to teaching, using outcomes assessment and appropriate technological support. Yavapai College's Performance Hall offers year-round entertainment while the Prescott Fine Arts Association and other smaller theaters provide artistic performances for a refined audience. Art galleries help to promote local artists as well as visiting artists who thrive on the creative atmosphere of Prescott. The new Gateway Mall offers a big town shopping experience for the Central Arizona region.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,607 students | 62.90 Mi2800 S. Lone Tree Rd.
Flagstaff,  AZ  86005
(928) 527-1222 62.903,607
- 8,909 students | 66.80 Mi18401 N 32nd St
Phoenix,  AZ  85032
(602) 787-6500 66.808,909
- 648 students | 67.80 Mi13430 N Black Canyon Ste. 190
Phoenix,  AZ  85029
(602) 337-3044 67.80648
- 20,506 students | 69.20 Mi6000 W Olive Ave
Glendale,  AZ  85302
(623) 845-3000 69.2020,506
- 630 students | 69.80 Mi4425 W Olive Avenue Suite 300
Glendale,  AZ  85302
(602) 222-9300 69.80630
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!