- Welcome to the friendliest college in the west, where education works for everyone. Recognized for its academic excellence in combination with affordable prices and beautiful setting in the mountains of central Arizona, Yavapai College is the best choice for students seeking a rich, rewarding educational experience.
The teacher population of 140 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Yavapai College||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||140 staff||140 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Yavapai College is committed to teaching excellence and student learning. It provides a safe-learning environment supported by a comprehensive program of student and academic support services. Instructors are committed to instructional excellence, professional development, student learning, and innovative approaches to teaching, using outcomes assessment and appropriate technological support. Yavapai College's Performance Hall offers year-round entertainment while the Prescott Fine Arts Association and other smaller theaters provide artistic performances for a refined audience. Art galleries help to promote local artists as well as visiting artists who thrive on the creative atmosphere of Prescott. The new Gateway Mall offers a big town shopping experience for the Central Arizona region.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,719 students | 62.90 Mi2800 S. Lone Tree Rd.
Flagstaff, AZ 86005
(928) 527-1222 62.903,719
- 8,115 students | 66.80 Mi18401 N 32nd St
Phoenix, AZ 85032
(602) 787-6500 66.808,115
- 648 students | 67.80 Mi13430 N Black Canyon Ste. 190
Phoenix, AZ 85029
(602) 337-3044 67.80648
- 17,942 students | 69.20 Mi6000 W Olive Ave
Glendale, AZ 85302
(623) 845-3000 69.2017,942
- 428 students | 69.80 Mi4425 W Olive Avenue Suite 300
Glendale, AZ 85302
(602) 222-9300 69.80428
Today's high school dropout rates call for drastic measures, and community colleges are taking action to help keep students in high school. Learn about their innovative programs and how your local community college is keeping high school students on campus.
Learn about how small businesses can obtain helpful assistance, training, and mentoring through community colleges thanks to Goldman Sachs' 10,000 Small Business program.
Community college graduation rates may appear to be in dire straits, but what are the real numbers? Could it be that the “successful” students who transfer to four-year universities are considered community college “drop outs” statistically?