- Welcome to the friendliest college in the west, where education works for everyone. Recognized for its academic excellence in combination with affordable prices and beautiful setting in the mountains of central Arizona, Yavapai College is the best choice for students seeking a rich, rewarding educational experience.
- The teacher population of 140 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Yavapai College||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||140 staff||66 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,842 students||6,476 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||56:1||39:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,029 students||1,336 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,813 students||5,140 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||216||337|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,100||$31,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Yavapai College is committed to teaching excellence and student learning. It provides a safe-learning environment supported by a comprehensive program of student and academic support services. Instructors are committed to instructional excellence, professional development, student learning, and innovative approaches to teaching, using outcomes assessment and appropriate technological support. Yavapai College's Performance Hall offers year-round entertainment while the Prescott Fine Arts Association and other smaller theaters provide artistic performances for a refined audience. Art galleries help to promote local artists as well as visiting artists who thrive on the creative atmosphere of Prescott. The new Gateway Mall offers a big town shopping experience for the Central Arizona region.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,607 students | 63.10 Mi2800 S. Lone Tree Rd.
Flagstaff,  AZ  86005
- 176 students | 66.70 Mi399 Malpais
Flagstaff,  AZ  86001
- 8,909 students | 66.80 Mi18401 N 32nd St
Phoenix,  AZ  85032
- 648 students | 67.60 Mi13430 N Black Canyon Ste. 190
Phoenix,  AZ  85029
- 20,506 students | 69.00 Mi6000 W Olive Ave
Glendale,  AZ  85302
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.