Wiregrass Georgia Technical College
- Valdosta Technical College was founded in 1963 as a joint effort of the Valdosta City and Lowndes County Boards of Education. The mission of Valdosta Technical College is to provide quality instruction enabling students to develop knowledge, skills, and good work ethics resulting in entry-level employment, career advancement, and the promotion of lifelong learning.
The teacher population of 169 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wiregrass Georgia Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||169 staff||94 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Wiregrass Georgia Technical College is Georgia Military College-Valdosta Campus (5.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 5.70 Mi4201 North Forrest Street
Valdosta,  GA  31605
- 1,243 students | 29.30 Mi325 NW Turner Davis Dr
Madison,  FL  32340
(850) 973-2288 29.301,243
- 2,071 students | 32.50 Mi800 Veterans Parkway North
Moultrie,  GA  31788
(229) 891-7000 32.502,071
- 1,541 students | 35.00 Mi15689 US Hwy 19 North
Thomasville,  GA  31792
(229) 225-4096 35.001,541
- 3,458 students | 43.40 Mi2802 Moore Hwy
Tifton,  GA  31793
(229) 391-5001 43.403,458
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!