Wiregrass Georgia Technical College
Tel: (229) 468-2000
- East Central Technical College offers associate degrees, certification and diploma programs, and online courses to give students the skills needed to competently enter the workforce. The vocational school was founded in order to offer an educational resource for bright southern Georgia residents conveniently in their community. Associate degree programs at East Central Technical College include administrative office technology, microcomputer specialist, networking specialist (CISCO), networking specialist (Microsoft Windows 2000), criminal justice technology, and early childhood care and education. Technical certification programs at East Central Technical College are available in 50 different areas of study. Students can get certificates in refrigeration, programming, automotive, customer service, child care and development, trucking, gaming, criminal justice, forensic science, industrialization, medical field, web design, or cosmetology. With more than 20 different diploma programs at East Central Technical College, students can specialize in air conditioning technology, automotive studies, business office technology, computer information systems, telecommunications technologies, cosmetology, criminal justice technology, early childhood care and education, nursing industrial systems, and welding and joining technology. The college's online courses are for students with busy schedules. While the online programs at East Central Technical College help make learning more convenient, the courses are just as rigorous and competitive.
|Wiregrass Georgia Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's--Public Rural-serving Small||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 years but < 4 years|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||98%||92%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Wiregrass Georgia Technical College is Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (18.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,291 students | 18.20 Mi2802 Moore Hwy
Tifton, GA 31793
(229) 391-5001 18.204,291
- 2,482 students | 26.70 Mi100 W College Park Dr
Douglas, GA 31533
(912) 260-4200 26.702,482
- n/a students | 38.90 Mi71 Airport Rd
Eastman, GA 31023
- 2,071 students | 43.40 Mi800 Veterans Parkway North
Moultrie, GA 31788
(229) 891-7000 43.402,071
- 3,496 students | 50.40 Mi1100 Second St SE
Cochran, GA 31014
(478) 934-6221 50.403,496
Many fears have now been realized, as California lawmakers slash hundreds of millions of dollars from higher education budgets. We’ll look at how these dramatic cuts will impact community colleges across the state.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.