Wiregrass Georgia Technical College
- Valdosta Technical College was founded in 1963 as a joint effort of the Valdosta City and Lowndes County Boards of Education. The mission of Valdosta Technical College is to provide quality instruction enabling students to develop knowledge, skills, and good work ethics resulting in entry-level employment, career advancement, and the promotion of lifelong learning.
- The teacher population of 169 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wiregrass Georgia Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||169 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,629 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,092 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,537 students||1,473 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,700||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Wiregrass Georgia Technical College is Georgia Military College-Valdosta Campus (5.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 5.20 Mi4201 North Forrest Street
Valdosta,  GA  31605
- 1,243 students | 28.80 Mi325 NW Turner Davis Dr
Madison,  FL  32340
- 2,071 students | 32.40 Mi800 Veterans Parkway North
Moultrie,  GA  31788
- 1,541 students | 35.50 Mi15689 US Hwy 19 North
Thomasville,  GA  31792
- 3,458 students | 42.10 Mi2802 Moore Hwy
Tifton,  GA  31793
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.