Wiregrass Georgia Technical College
- Valdosta Technical College was founded in 1963 as a joint effort of the Valdosta City and Lowndes County Boards of Education. The mission of Valdosta Technical College is to provide quality instruction enabling students to develop knowledge, skills, and good work ethics resulting in entry-level employment, career advancement, and the promotion of lifelong learning.
- The teacher population of 169 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wiregrass Georgia Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||169 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,629 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,092 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,537 students||1,473 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,700||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Wiregrass Georgia Technical College is Georgia Military College-Valdosta Campus (5.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 5.20 Mi4201 North Forrest Street
Valdosta,  GA  31605
- 1,243 students | 28.80 Mi325 NW Turner Davis Dr
Madison,  FL  32340
- 2,071 students | 32.40 Mi800 Veterans Parkway North
Moultrie,  GA  31788
- 1,541 students | 35.50 Mi15689 US Hwy 19 North
Thomasville,  GA  31792
- 3,458 students | 42.10 Mi2802 Moore Hwy
Tifton,  GA  31793
If you are interested in sleep, then a polysomnography career may be right for you. Learn about how you can begin this lucrative career in studying sleep disorders at your local community college.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.