South Georgia State College
- Founded in 1906, South Georgia College is recognized as the oldest publicly supported two-year college in Georgia. It has a long and distinguished history, rich in the tradition of serving the people of the southeast. SGC is fully accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Enrollment: 2,346 students
- In-state tuition: $3,690
- Out-state tuition: $11,098
- Acceptance Rate: 58%
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 40%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The College offers Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degree programs that prepare students for transfer in a multitude of baccalaureate program majors. The institution also offers Associate of Applied Science degrees and certificates designed to prepare individuals for careers in several areas of business, human services and technology. Through its Associate of Science in Nursing degree program the College prepares individuals to become registered nurses and thereby meet regional health care needs. As a contributing member of its community, South Georgia College offers area citizens conferences, seminars, and short courses to develop specific competencies and provide information on special interest topics. The institution and its faculty and staff also work to support regional economic development efforts in cooperation with other community-minded organizations. Indoor recreational and student activities facilities are centered at the Engram College Union Building and the SGC Wellness Center. The Engram College Union houses meeting rooms, a cafe, ballroom, and areas for a variety of student activities. The Wellness Center provides for such sports as volleyball, basketball, swimming, and weight lifting. The South Georgia College Entry Program is a university entry program located on the campus of Valdosta State University. It allows students to complete all developmental studies and college preparatory curriculum deficiencies, plus core college courses, in order to enter the university as a sophomore. All core classes transfer to Valdosta State University. South Georgia College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer associate degrees. It is also accredited by the National League for Nursing. Credits earned at the College are accepted by colleges and universities throughout the nation.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does South Georgia State College cost?
South Georgia State College's tuition is approximately $3,690 for In-State students and $11,098 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of South Georgia State College?
The acceptance rate of South Georgia State College is 58%, which is lower than the state average of 64%.