Western Technical College
|Western Technical College||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||- staff||167 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The essential experience is what you get at Western. You don't just sit at a desk and learn. You get out of your chair and actually do it. Interactive classes and internships get you the skills you need when you graduate. Classes are rarely boring. And they can get you into the work world fast; most programs can be completed in two years or less.
- So how can you get those skills? From our highly-trained faculty. They've actually worked in their areas of expertise and can bring you real-life experience and knowledge. The skills you learn now will help you in your career later.
- So, how do we know you're getting the essential skills employers want? We ask them. Hundreds of local employers sit on advisory boards for every program we offer, telling us what kinds of skills work for their businesses. It's only one of the ways we stay current.
- While we know learning is important, we also know it doesn't just happen in the classroom. Student clubs, athletics, intramural sports, service learning activities, and residence halls, give you the true college experience.
- So when you are looking for the college that's right for you, consider Western. It's where you get the essential experience.
The nearest community college to Western Technical College is Minnesota State College Southeast (23.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,850 students | 23.20 Mi1250 Homer Rd
Winona,  MN  55987
(507) 453-2700 23.201,850
- 4,449 students | 55.40 Mi1625 Hwy 150
Calmar,  IA  52132
(563) 562-3263 55.404,449
- 533 students | 58.30 Mi111 South Broadway, Suite 300
Rochester,  MN  55904
(877) 280-4699 58.30533
- 5,129 students | 60.10 Mi851 30th Ave SE
Rochester,  MN  55904
(507) 285-7210 60.105,129
- 22 students | 64.60 Mi3906 East Frontage Road NW/Hwy 52
Rochester,  MN  55901
(507) 286-1650 64.6022
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.