Western Technical College
The teacher population of 428 teachers has grown by 9% over five years.
|Western Technical College||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||428 staff||167 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The essential experience is what you get at Western. You don't just sit at a desk and learn. You get out of your chair and actually do it. Interactive classes and internships get you the skills you need when you graduate. Classes are rarely boring. And they can get you into the work world fast; most programs can be completed in two years or less.
- So how can you get those skills? From our highly-trained faculty. They've actually worked in their areas of expertise and can bring you real-life experience and knowledge. The skills you learn now will help you in your career later.
- So, how do we know you're getting the essential skills employers want? We ask them. Hundreds of local employers sit on advisory boards for every program we offer, telling us what kinds of skills work for their businesses. It's only one of the ways we stay current.
- While we know learning is important, we also know it doesn't just happen in the classroom. Student clubs, athletics, intramural sports, service learning activities, and residence halls, give you the true college experience.
- So when you are looking for the college that's right for you, consider Western. It's where you get the essential experience.
The nearest community college to Western Technical College is Minnesota State College Southeast (23.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,850 students | 23.20 Mi1250 Homer Rd
Winona, MN 55987
(507) 453-2700 23.201,850
- 4,449 students | 55.40 Mi1625 Hwy 150
Calmar, IA 52132
(563) 562-3263 55.404,449
- 5,129 students | 60.10 Mi851 30th Ave SE
Rochester, MN 55904
(507) 285-7210 60.105,129
- 22 students | 64.60 Mi3906 East Frontage Road NW/Hwy 52
Rochester, MN 55901
(507) 286-1650 64.6022
- 183 students | 64.80 Mi2521 Pennington Drive NW
Rochester, MN 55901
(507) 536-9500 64.80183
Many fears have now been realized, as California lawmakers slash hundreds of millions of dollars from higher education budgets. We’ll look at how these dramatic cuts will impact community colleges across the state.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.