- Western Technical College is a fourth-generation, locally-owned college, proudly serving the El Paso community since 1970. This is the place where you can take your passion and turn it into a career you love. Here, you`ll be surrounded by classmates who share your passion and are on the same path. Our caring instructors and staff are totally dedicated to your success and will be with you every step of the way. Think about it: the few months of hard work that you invest in your education today will set the stage for a bright future tomorrow.
Western Technical College serves 1,310 students (100% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is lower than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 85% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 70%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,310 students
- Acceptance Rate: 85%
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 85%
- Source: Verified school update
Western Technical College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
The teacher population of 128 teachers has grown by 197% over five years.
Western Technical College
(TX) Community College Avg.
Special Focus Two-Year: Technical Professions
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
Private, for profit
Number of Programs Offered
The student population of Western Technical College has grown by 25% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Western Technical College diversity score of 0.41 is less than the state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- We`re here to provide high-quality training and education in a caring, professional environment. We give new students, working adults, active military, and military veterans the skills they need to succeed and advance in their chosen careers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of Western Technical College?
The acceptance rate of Western Technical College is 85%, which is higher than the state average of 72%.
What is Western Technical College's ranking?
Western Technical College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Texas for: Average community college minority breakdown and Highest completion rates.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.