Western Technical College
- Western Technical College is a fourth-generation, locally-owned college, proudly serving the El Paso community since 1970. This is the place where you can take your passion and turn it into a career you love. Here, you`ll be surrounded by classmates who share your passion and are on the same path. Our caring instructors and staff are totally dedicated to your success and will be with you every step of the way. Think about it: the few months of hard work that you invest in your education today will set the stage for a bright future tomorrow.
Western Technical College serves 1,310 students (83% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is lower than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 85% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 70%.
- Enrollment: 1,310 students
- Acceptance Rate: 85%
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 85%
- Source: Verified school update
The teacher population of 128 teachers has grown by 197% over five years.
Western Technical College
(TX) Community College Avg.
Special Focus Two-Year: Technical Professions
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
Number of Programs Offered
The student population of Western Technical College has grown by 25% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Western Technical College diversity score of 0.41 is less than the state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- We`re here to provide high-quality training and education in a caring, professional environment. We give new students, working adults, active military, and military veterans the skills they need to succeed and advance in their chosen careers.
Profile last updated: 02/21/2022
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of Western Technical College?
The acceptance rate of Western Technical College is 85%, which is higher than the state average of 72%.
How Community Colleges Are Changing Remedial Education
Remedial education exists to help struggling students succeed in college-level classes. Unfortunately, the existing model may be doing more harm than good. Keep reading to learn more about the history of remedial education and what community colleges are doing to change it.
Does Money Motivate College Completion? New Task Force Says Yes
We look at the recommendations for improving completion rates in a new report issued by the Complete College Ohio Task Force, which includes financial incentives.
Remedial Education Leaves Many Colleges in a Quandary
Although many students need some remedial education before beginning college coursework, statistics show dismal completion rates for those who begin in remedial classes. We take a closer look at the problem, as well as some of the ways colleges are tackling it.