Western Dakota Technical Institute
- The teacher population of 65 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Western Dakota Technical Institute||(SD) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||65 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||840 students||934 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|# Full-Time Students||680 students||680 students|
|# Part-Time Students||160 students||254 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,600||$38,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Western Dakota Tech is located in Rapid City in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. Western Dakota Technical Institute provides quality technical educational opportunities to residents of South Dakota and across the country. Western Dakota Tech is one of four State-supported postsecondary technical institutes in South Dakota. The college offer 25 different career programs ranging in length from 9 to 18 months. Western Dakota Tech grants Associate of Applied Science degrees and diplomas upon successful completion of individual program requirements. Through the Business and Industry Training Center a wide variety of non-credit classes, workshops, teleconferences and seminars are available to assist residents in enhancing one's personal or professional skills. The college offers programs in Accounting, Ag-Resources Tech Ag-Business, Ag-Resources Tech Equine Management, Ag-Resources Tech Natural Resources, Ag-Resources Tech Ranch Management, Automotive Technician, Business Management & Marketing, Cabinetry/Fine Woodworking, Carpentry, Collision Repair, Computer Aided Drafting, Computer Networking Specialist-Net Admin Computer Networking Specialist-Prog, Disability/Human Services Technician, Electronics & Computer Technician, Fire Science, Health Unit Coordinator, Industrial Electronics, Law Enforcement Technology, Medical Administrative Services, Medical Transcriptionist, Paralegal/Legal Assistant, Pharmacy Technician, Phlebotomy/Laboratory Assistant, Practical Nursing, Public Safety Telecom Operator, Surgical Technology and Welding/Manufacturing. Our small class sizes combined with extensive hands-on experience create a personalized education that assures our graduates are well prepared for success in today's job market.
- The nearest community college to Western Dakota Technical Institute is National American University-Rapid City (4.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,479 students | 4.70 Mi5301 South Highway 16
Rapid City,  SD  57701
- 1,704 students | 147.30 Mi3200 West C St
Torrington,  WY  82240
- 1,836 students | 154.00 Mi1601 East 27th Street
Scottsbluff,  NE  69361
- 4,253 students | 179.90 Mi125 College Dr
Casper,  WY  82601
- 4,374 students | 191.80 Mi3059 S Coffeen Ave
Sheridan,  WY  82801
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.