Western Dakota Technical Institute
- The teacher population of 65 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Western Dakota Technical Institute||(SD) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||65 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||840 students||934 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|# Full-Time Students||680 students||680 students|
|# Part-Time Students||160 students||254 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,600||$38,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Western Dakota Tech is located in Rapid City in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. Western Dakota Technical Institute provides quality technical educational opportunities to residents of South Dakota and across the country. Western Dakota Tech is one of four State-supported postsecondary technical institutes in South Dakota. The college offer 25 different career programs ranging in length from 9 to 18 months. Western Dakota Tech grants Associate of Applied Science degrees and diplomas upon successful completion of individual program requirements. Through the Business and Industry Training Center a wide variety of non-credit classes, workshops, teleconferences and seminars are available to assist residents in enhancing one's personal or professional skills. The college offers programs in Accounting, Ag-Resources Tech Ag-Business, Ag-Resources Tech Equine Management, Ag-Resources Tech Natural Resources, Ag-Resources Tech Ranch Management, Automotive Technician, Business Management & Marketing, Cabinetry/Fine Woodworking, Carpentry, Collision Repair, Computer Aided Drafting, Computer Networking Specialist-Net Admin Computer Networking Specialist-Prog, Disability/Human Services Technician, Electronics & Computer Technician, Fire Science, Health Unit Coordinator, Industrial Electronics, Law Enforcement Technology, Medical Administrative Services, Medical Transcriptionist, Paralegal/Legal Assistant, Pharmacy Technician, Phlebotomy/Laboratory Assistant, Practical Nursing, Public Safety Telecom Operator, Surgical Technology and Welding/Manufacturing. Our small class sizes combined with extensive hands-on experience create a personalized education that assures our graduates are well prepared for success in today's job market.
- The nearest community college to Western Dakota Technical Institute is National American University-Rapid City (4.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,479 students | 4.50 Mi5301 South Highway 16
Rapid City,  SD  57701
(605) 394-4800 4.501,479
- 1,704 students | 147.50 Mi3200 West C St
Torrington,  WY  82240
(307) 532-8200 147.501,704
- 1,836 students | 154.00 Mi1601 East 27th Street
Scottsbluff,  NE  69361
(308) 635-3606 154.001,836
- 4,253 students | 179.60 Mi125 College Dr
Casper,  WY  82601
(307) 268-2100 179.604,253
- 4,374 students | 191.80 Mi3059 S Coffeen Ave
Sheridan,  WY  82801
(307) 674-6446 191.804,374
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.