Western Dakota Technical Institute
- Western Dakota Technical Institute is a public institution of higher learning where students acquire the knowledge, skills and behaviors necessary for successful employment.
- Enrollment: 1,214 students
- In-state tuition: $5,960
- Out-state tuition: $5,960
- Acceptance Rate: 97%
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 22%
- Source: Verified school update
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Western Dakota Tech is located in Rapid City in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. Western Dakota Technical Institute provides quality technical educational opportunities to residents of South Dakota and across the country. Western Dakota Tech is one of four State-supported postsecondary technical institutes in South Dakota. The college offer 25 different career programs ranging in length from 9 to 18 months. Western Dakota Tech grants Associate of Applied Science degrees and diplomas upon successful completion of individual program requirements. Through the Business and Industry Training Center a wide variety of non-credit classes, workshops, teleconferences and seminars are available to assist residents in enhancing one's personal or professional skills. The college offers programs in Accounting, Ag-Resources Tech Ag-Business, Ag-Resources Tech Equine Management, Ag-Resources Tech Natural Resources, Ag-Resources Tech Ranch Management, Automotive Technician, Business Management & Marketing, Cabinetry/Fine Woodworking, Carpentry, Collision Repair, Computer Aided Drafting, Computer Networking Specialist-Net Admin Computer Networking Specialist-Prog, Disability/Human Services Technician, Electronics & Computer Technician, Fire Science, Health Unit Coordinator, Industrial Electronics, Law Enforcement Technology, Medical Administrative Services, Medical Transcriptionist, Paralegal/Legal Assistant, Pharmacy Technician, Phlebotomy/Laboratory Assistant, Practical Nursing, Public Safety Telecom Operator, Surgical Technology and Welding/Manufacturing. Our small class sizes combined with extensive hands-on experience create a personalized education that assures our graduates are well prepared for success in today's job market.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Western Dakota Technical Institute cost?
Western Dakota Technical Institute's tuition is approximately $5,960 for In-State students and $5,960 for Out-State students.
What schools are Western Dakota Technical Institute often compared to?
Western Dakota Technical Instituteis often viewed alongside schools like National American University-Rapid City by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of Western Dakota Technical Institute?
The acceptance rate of Western Dakota Technical Institute is 97%, which is higher than the state average of 56%.
What is Western Dakota Technical Institute's ranking?
Western Dakota Technical Institute ranks among the top 20% of community college in South Dakota for: Percent of students receiving financial aid.