West Valley College
Tel: (408) 867-2200
- West Valley College is a public community college whose primary purpose is to facilitate successful learning. It is committed to the education of the individual along with fostering the economic development of the communities it serves. West Valley College provides students with opportunities to participate in a wide spectrum of educational experiences designed to fulfill their academic and career needs. Encouraged to seek knowledge and wisdom as lifelong learners, our students are motivated to expand their human potential, enrich the quality of their lives, and develop the job skills and other competencies necessary to function in contemporary society.
The teacher population of 235 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|West Valley College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||235 staff||97 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- West Valley College is a public California Community College located on the west side of Silicon Valley, in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains, 50 miles south of San Francisco. Continuing a nearly 40 year tradition, West Valley College offers 18 dynamic career programs, professional certificates, and degree programs with exceptional preparation for transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Flexible course options including online and distance learning combined with many levels of support such as financial assistance, educational planning, personal counseling, child care and learning skills programs provide every student the opportunity for the highest academic and personal success. West Valley College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Commission on Recognition of Post-secondary Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 23,104 students | 4.10 Mi21250 Stevens Creek Blvd.
Cupertino,  CA  95014
(408) 864-5678 4.1023,104
- 9,072 students | 5.90 Mi2100 Moorpark Ave
San Jose,  CA  95128
(408) 298-2181 5.909,072
- 8,435 students | 8.70 Mi3000 Mission College Blvd
Santa Clara,  CA  95054
(408) 988-2200 8.708,435
- 15,030 students | 9.00 Mi12345 El Monte Rd
Los Altos,  CA  94022
(650) 949-7777 9.0015,030
- 805 students | 13.50 Mi6201 San Ignacio Ave.
San Jose,  CA  95119
(408) 960-0162 13.50805
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.