- West Valley College is a public community college whose primary purpose is to facilitate successful learning. It is committed to the education of the individual along with fostering the economic development of the communities it serves. West Valley College provides students with opportunities to participate in a wide spectrum of educational experiences designed to fulfill their academic and career needs. Encouraged to seek knowledge and wisdom as lifelong learners, our students are motivated to expand their human potential, enrich the quality of their lives, and develop the job skills and other competencies necessary to function in contemporary society.
- Enrollment: 7,513 students
- In-state tuition: $1,186
- Out-state tuition: $4,978
- Student:teacher ratio: 15:1
- Minority enrollment: 56%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- West Valley College is a public California Community College located on the west side of Silicon Valley, in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains, 50 miles south of San Francisco. Continuing a nearly 40 year tradition, West Valley College offers 18 dynamic career programs, professional certificates, and degree programs with exceptional preparation for transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Flexible course options including online and distance learning combined with many levels of support such as financial assistance, educational planning, personal counseling, child care and learning skills programs provide every student the opportunity for the highest academic and personal success. West Valley College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Commission on Recognition of Post-secondary Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.