Blue Mountain Community College
- MISSION & VISION Blue Mountain Community College will realize its vision by providing high quality programs for college preparation, college transfer, professional/technical, workforce development, and self-improvement that will strengthen the economy and provide opportunities for personal and professional growth. BMCC provides dynamic and innovative programs and delivery methods in response to the changing needs of our customers: the students, businesses, industries, and communities of eastern Oregon.
- Enrollment: 1,559 students
- In-state tuition: $6,188
- Out-state tuition: $8,618
- Student:teacher ratio: 7:1
- Minority enrollment: 42%
- Source: Verified school update
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
FFA, Mountain Biking, Phi Beta Lambda, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Spanish Club, Student Ambassadors, Student Government Association
- Blue Mountain Community College was founded in 1962 to meet the growing education, training, and cultural needs of northeastern Oregon. Since then, it has expanded and evolved into a comprehensive community college that serves a diverse community of life-long learners with facilities in Baker City, Boardman, Hermiston, Milton Freewater, and Pendleton. Blue Mountain Community College's main campus is located in northeastern Oregon surrounded by the natural beauty of rich wheat fields and the foothills of the Blue Mountains. Our scenic 175-acre hilltop site overlooks Pendleton, a city with a population of 16,180 and the county seat of Umatilla County. We are located 200 miles east of Portland and nearly the same distance from Seattle, Spokane and Boise. The College's buildings date from 1965 to our new science and technology facility which was first occupied in September 2000. In November of 1998, the voters of our service district passed a building and technology bond aimed at renewing and expanding existing facilities, and building new educational sites, which will help BMCC transition into the future. At Blue Mountain Community College (BMCC) you can earn the Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer(AAOT), The Associate of Science(AS), The Associate of Applied Science(AAS), The Associate Degree in General Studies(AGS), and Certificates. BMCC is a public, two-year coeducational college accredited by the Northwest Commission on College and Universities (NWCCU).