- Virginia College in Jackson offers the benefits of small class sizes and flexible schedules, allowing you to earn the education you want at a time that?s most convenient for you. Financial planning is available for those who qualify and career placement and job assistance continues past graduation, continuing Virginia College in Jackson?s commitment to our students?future success. Virginia College in Jackson is a Mississippi college that offers a wide variety of programs, resulting in both diplomas and associate degrees in such diverse fields as office management, network engineering, health and medical, criminal justice, and cosmetology. Virginia College specializes in providing the education and training demanded by a competitive job market, leading to exciting opportunities for graduates.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Virginia College-Jackson||(MS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||31 staff||138 staff|
|Total Enrollment||395 students||2,966 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||22:1|
|# Full-Time Students||300 students||2,344 students|
|# Part-Time Students||95 students||622 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,900||$29,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Virginia College-Jackson is Antonelli College-Jackson (9.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 374 students | 9.70 Mi2323 Lakeland Drive
Flowood,  MS  39232
- 11,839 students | 11.20 Mi505 East Main Street
Raymond,  MS  39154
- 3,029 students | 37.20 Mi1001 Co-Lin Lane
Wesson,  MS  39191
- 5,798 students | 54.90 Mi#1 Hill St
Goodman,  MS  39079
- 357 students | 58.20 Mi132 Old Hwy 65 South
Tallulah,  LA  71282
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.